1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Training to Use WordPress for CMS?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by jaguarx, Aug 4, 2009.

You can find many sophiscated CMS type of websites over the Internet. However I find it's difficult to get trained the advanced WordPress techniques. I don't mean the techniques are hard to learn but they are hard to come by. I find a lot of bits and pieces but just not good enough to develop a CMS site or a membership site.I've spent the last 2 weeks but not able to find the advanced learning materials. The most advanced I found are static pages, hiding/showing sidebar, custom headers etc. I think I need to dig into widget, plugins to learn adding buttons, image. Does anyone know any integrated WordPress training for more advanced applications?

jaguarx, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  2. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe some tutorials on Youtube could help you.

andrej, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  3. gareth_gillman

gareth_gillman Peon

Best Answers:
    adding widgets is easy as there are loads of tuts, google "widgetising wordpress sidebar"

that will widgetize the sidebar, then in the admin panel you can move widgets into the sidebar

adding buttons like what ? a nav bar ? google "wordpress menus"

you need to know css / html and some php to able to do stuff to wp - stuff i have done is integrate forums, add drop menu's, widgetised footer, display x amount of characters from a post then display "read more"

everything you want to do with wp is available if you search

gareth_gillman, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  4. blogpanoptic

blogpanoptic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Gareth is spot on. I came across something you might like. IT's a Theme Framework called Thematic. It has hundreds of options and functions built in and is highly customizable through Child themes.

Check it out: "http://themeshaper.com/thematic/"

blogpanoptic, Aug 7, 2009 IP