1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress questions concerning author pages

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by shamess, Aug 5, 2006.

Just to start: Random Blogger, incase you need that for some reason.

So, I wanna make an author.php page, but I've no idea how. I've read the section on Author templates and on theme development, but I still don't understand how to make a page for each author. Am I being dense or is that just not clear enough?

I like my current theme and want to keep it for my author.php page, but I don't know how to include it because WordPress includes lots of random files in their templates so I can't just follow that to see what it does.

I suppose basically, my question is where do I have to put the file (author.php) to make a new page and what do I need to include to get my theme the same.

Thanks.

shamess, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  2. [*-AnOnYmOuS-*]

[*-AnOnYmOuS-*] Active Member

Best Answers:
    You use the same theme I use :rolleyes: :D. Anyways, I THINK there would be 2 ways to do this (cmn. sense speaking :p ):

1. Go to the "Write" link in your Admin Panel and call it author, then in your SEO area just use a link format that will write the name of the page in the url so it will be /blog/author/.

2. The other way, which I don't recommend, is that you open up your Phpmyadmin, take a look at the records and coulumns and find out how the pages are put and used, then add one there, in the *sql, and fill in all the things it needs, then upload your author.php .

Hope I helped, although I don't think I really did..

[*-AnOnYmOuS-*], Aug 5, 2006 IP
    shamess likes this.
  3. IndigoBlack

IndigoBlack Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you want to do but WordPress allows you to make webpages directly onthe blog. If you go to "Write" and then "Write Page" you would write the page just like a post except when you publish it, it should show up under your pages section. Is this what you are taking about?

IndigoBlack, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  4. shamess

shamess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sort of. I'd need the page to be able to use PHP though.

shamess, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  5. [*-AnOnYmOuS-*]

[*-AnOnYmOuS-*] Active Member

Best Answers:
    [*-AnOnYmOuS-*], Aug 7, 2006 IP
  6. Xitanto

Xitanto Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is bookmarked.

Xitanto, Aug 7, 2006 IP