1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my social networking site, new theme and logo. Thanks!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Ckrismoney, Aug 5, 2009.

I'm still working on my social networking site but I have added a new theme and I made a new logo.

I have a few users already some friends and a couple of strangers, but I want to keep them.

Please review http://www.ckwik.com

Thanks in advance! ;)

Ckrismoney, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  2. bizjam55

bizjam55 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    looks nice! there are a lot of links on the top and they looked a bit close together, but otherwise very nice!
    good luck

bizjam55, Aug 5, 2009 IP
    Ckrismoney likes this.
  3. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! It's looking even better. I really like the new logo and the new template. However, I'm not sure I would have the Google ads right at the top next to the logo. It will be a while before you get enough visitors to make those worthwhile anyhow. Keep the other ads, though, and maybe try to integrate some more into the body of the site.

I would get rid of the "powered by phpfox" in your title tag and at the very bottom.

I would change "Welcome Intro" to Welcome to Ckwik". I would then add more info. about your site in this section. Remember that search engines look at text, and the text at the top of your site is especially important.

Finally, you need to start thinking about SEO (Search Engine Optimization). What keywords are you going to optimize your site for? You will need to integrate these words throughout your site (including title tags, links, and body text, etc.).

Best of luck!

jasonvan, Aug 5, 2009 IP
    Ckrismoney likes this.
  4. redli0n82

redli0n82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats awesome you've already got some members. I like the site but I agree it seems like everything is a bit bunched up.

Also, how many people are running the site besides you? Are you running all the events, live chat, etc. When do you sleep? I'm no expert but maybe consider lessening the clutter by removing features that aren't being used and adding them later when you can get to them.

I think its better not to have a feature than to have it and not be able to do anything with it.

Also, what about asking the users for what features they would use most? I wouldn't waste time with something no one is using anyways.

I'm a novice so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Best of Luck.

redli0n82

redli0n82, Aug 5, 2009 IP
    Ckrismoney likes this.
  5. MikeMcRae

MikeMcRae Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice, however if I may be so bold as to recommend making ad's blend better into the site. It's nicer if ad's dont look like well, you know, ad's...

MikeMcRae, Aug 5, 2009 IP
    Ckrismoney likes this.
  6. Ckrismoney

Ckrismoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback!

I took the ads out of the header, and I'm doing some SEO.

Thanks for all the feedback DP!

Rep added to all! :D

Ckrismoney, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  7. Ckrismoney

Ckrismoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And I just added a favicon!

I couldn't get the "C" to look right inside the image but I did use the image from my logo.

How does the favicon look?

Ckrismoney, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  8. FreeCashTube

FreeCashTube Peon

Best Answers:
    good start. Looking good.
    What script are you using?

FreeCashTube, Aug 6, 2009 IP