1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion iTrader regulations?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ChaosTrivia, Aug 5, 2009.

Hi!

I think that there should be a new regulation introduced in the iTrader system.

I am usually a buyer. And always the same crap happens:

I always pay immediately once the deal is closed. However, I never get an iTrader right after swift and fast payment. After the sellers deliver the goods (which doesn't always happen...) they ALWAYS "would appereciate an iTrader" (as happened to me again just now). In other words, they want to make sure you give them a positive iTrader before they give you what you deserve and earned already.

A few weeks ago I had a pm from a seller saying "I will give you iTrader only if you give me a positive one". The pm was after he completed the job, 2 weeks after my prompt payment.

This is a type of "extortion" and it makes the whole iTrader system worthless.

I therefore suggest the following:
    An iTrader must be given by any party immediately after the other party has completed his side of the deal (or not), or never.

This will be a bit hard to enforce but buyers must insist on it, and never give sellers that behave like this any iTrader.

This has been repeating itself time and time again, and I simply stopped giving iTraders to sellers. All sellers behave this way. :mad:

ChaosTrivia, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  2. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if i do a deal with someone, and they pay me, i give an iTrader right away.
    why? because i got what i wanted.

if i do a deal with someone and i pay them, i don't give an iTrader until i am satisfied with the service or product, which can take some time. thats just in case it falls through or the service or product isn't what it seems.

if you feel someone is trying to extort you, forward it to a moderator or report the private message.

sawz, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  3. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    with 6415 posts and 200 itraders, you are a special case then :)
    All sellers I have dealt with in recent weeks, behave as I described above, and this I why I have no iTrader exchanged in recent weeks although I did buy some stuff and promptly paid, as usual.

ChaosTrivia, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  4. Great Designer

Great Designer Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't give until you are happy with the service etc.

Great Designer, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No one is required to leave iTrader. They certainly aren't required to leave it immediately. There are far more issues where people leave it too soon and are then pissed when someone reverses a payment or something down the road, and they can't change it to a negative. Never leave iTrader unless the deal is absolutely complete, and you're sure the situation won't change.

All sellers do not behave that way though. It sounds like you just pick the duds. Perhaps it would be best to change how you look for sellers. In the future for example, you could contact one or two of the people who left them iTrader to ask about them in more detail.

No one has to give you iTrader for paying promptly (or for anything else), so there's really no extortion involved. If they were refusing to deliver your order or something until you left iTrader first, then I'd say report it and I'd consider that iTrader abuse (an immediate ban for a few months).

jhmattern, Aug 5, 2009 IP