1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

7 Tips for Beginner Link Developers -- My Years of experience

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Tarkan, Aug 4, 2009.

I wanted to share some good tips, to those who are new to web development or the forums. Especially those experienced developers still using bad strategies or myths.

1) I made $1,000+ in one week! --- Do not even open these threads. They never ever happen. If it was happening to that person, they would be out spending the money, not telling you about it. To the few people that, this happens to, such as ShoeMoney (maybe more than 1000$ per week), have worked for years at what they do, and have mastered it.

The forum & tutorial site in my signature is developed by experienced developers who've been at it for years, and they make a lot of money--but not a lot of money that they can go and quick their day jobs (don't expect to make an engineer's pay as being a web developer, [~4,000-5,000$ a month]---Websites that make that much are above 5,000 alexa rank and none are Adsense)

2) I made PR 5 in one-two weeks! --- Again, don't open these threads. They usually won't tell you the website name and are only attention seekers. Back in 2000, 2003, I could make a website and get quality back-links and get PR 5, easily. NEVER again. Today, you can make a new website, post quality content, and even after 2 years, still have PR 1-2-3. Unless you get to TOP of DIGG, or link from CNN.com or some other major website, (do-follow), it's rare.

3) This script will get you 10,000 submissions / comments / contents -- nothing is for free, and no e-book, no bot/script, will get you success or money. They are a waste of time. If someone is selling you some "quick solution", it probably does NOT work.

4) Hard-work pays off -- If you follow people's signatures, go to their links, and see they are do-follow--these sites will help you the most. Making friends with their owners. Use people's contact-forms (I check mine all the time). Go to their forums and post. Sticking only to digitalpoint forum will never get you anywhere trust me. I make most valuable friends on small tiny forums... NOT large forums (where no one cares about each other).

5) Buying Links or Link-exchanges don't work anymore -- In the past they might have, but now they do not work. Instead make a deal with another (similar content website) to link to each other in their upcoming articles. Like: "C# coding is a lot of fun, you can find some great tutorials at Inferno Development" (and Inferno, would do the same in their upcoming article for you). These are smarter.

6) Article submissions do work, but NOT like you think -- Submit an article to ezine, and after some review, you will finally be published, and guess what? You will get 20 hits--woohooo. However, if you wrote an awesome tutorial on say PSDTuts website or Inferno Development who allow you to add your own "biography" and link to your own website, you will get thousands. In other words--- GUEST POST ON OTHER BLOGS --- THAT WORKS. Do not go to article directories, these rarely work.

7) Link directories -- Like me, I'm sure many of you submitted to those crappy link directories, where they all look like the same exact script (who sells this stuff?), and every time, even after months, they never add your link, and you never see a click come by. They are useless. Sorry to directory owners, but your job is incredibly tough and they probably won't make it unless you make your directory way unique and different.

AND please guys.. Stop trying to "hog PR" it doesn't work, google rewards you if you make do-follow links to quality sites. Start linking to websites you like / seen.
    ++rep please :p.

Tarkan, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  2. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well wow, I guess those "PR 5 in one week" are actually worth discussing (with 0 information) but good well-researched tips are not.

Tarkan, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  3. xwishmasterx

xwishmasterx Peon

Best Answers:
    Good points. I really like number 4 and the end sentence:

4.YES, stay focused and do the work needed to be done. Every shortcut you take is a risk. Do it right, and it'll be worth it in the long run.

Link to other sites. Don't worry about linking to your competition. Google will reward you when you site is linking to related content.

xwishmasterx, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    Tarkan likes this.
  4. premiumscripts

premiumscripts Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought this was going to be a post about how you're supposed to use "meta keywords" and "other magic". Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised that the content in this post is of actual value. Lots of people on these forums should read this.

premiumscripts, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    Tarkan likes this.
  5. bretthexum

bretthexum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I love this one. Spend 10 minutes to write a quick guest blog post instead of trying to buy backlinks and you'll be suprised. A free guest post on a good related blog is worth gold IMO.

bretthexum, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    Tarkan likes this.
  6. theresaseo

theresaseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great Post, valuable information and will save us all wasting a lot of time and energy in future.

Rep added x

theresaseo, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    Tarkan likes this.
  7. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the comments. I too am sick of posts that are just link-bait, I wanted to provide real tips to people and help each other out.

Tarkan, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  8. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its the post which i have been waiting for, simply gr8 writing. ... Some inspiration to us..

simple007, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    Tarkan likes this.
  9. webbynoc.com

webbynoc.com Peon

Best Answers:
    really great post , thank you for the information sir :)

webbynoc.com, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  10. amber75

amber75 Peon

Best Answers:
    good points thank you.

amber75, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    Tarkan likes this.
  11. blogcology

blogcology Peon

Best Answers:
    good work thanks for the effort mate:) You can wipe sitepoint off.

blogcology, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    Tarkan likes this.
  12. GreenWithEnvy

GreenWithEnvy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could someone explain why linking to competition is rewarded by Google? Thanks
    Matt

GreenWithEnvy, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  13. mirisaamali

mirisaamali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice points, thanks for them. how about link building thing? you haven't commented on it

mirisaamali, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  14. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    And what does SitePoint have to do with this thread?

Dan Schulz, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  15. RPP

RPP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree about the link directories. Unfortunately I had to find out the hard way. Also, hard work does indeed pay off!

RPP, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    Tarkan likes this.
  16. B.Williams

B.Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey its great, Congrates for your efforts. Nice to see that you have achieve that's much in small time. :)

B.Williams, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  17. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I really like your honesty to share these kind of tips for free. Well Done.

Thanks
    Blog.

blog8491, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    Tarkan likes this.
  18. MikePrice

MikePrice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very honest knowledge, I am agree 90% because we don't know the google scipt.
    Thank you anyway.

MikePrice, Aug 5, 2009 IP
    Tarkan likes this.
  19. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    @miri like I said, the best link building method right now is to make guest posts / articles for other websites and then link to yourself. The idea is, you give them an article, link to yourself, and hope they keep it. 99% of the time they will keep your link, unless they are evil.

Go to websites that allow you to submit your own articles like Inferno Development has a big "write article" button, and they allow you to write a biography where you can also link to yourself once again.

Tarkan, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  20. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Tarkan, it's not "the best" but it does rank up there - as I always tell people, if you can, find the authority sites in your niche/industry/market that have articles or blogs and ask them if they'd let you write for them.

Glad to see I'm not the only one advocating getting them. :cool:

Dan Schulz, Aug 5, 2009 IP