1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anything dodgy in this?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by devilkitty, Jul 31, 2009.

So my girlfriend is a bit worried about something she recently found out and wondered if the great folks of Digitalpoint would be able to help.

She recently found out that there's an IT company registered to her parents address and is a bit concerned that there may be something afoot.

The company is something to do with her brother's friend who lives in a whole different part of the country. She's kinda worried that her parents may be at risk of getting into a bit of trouble should this company screw up in any way.

Are there any benefits of registering a company to an address in a different part of the country to where you live?

Is it dodgy for any tax reasons?

Hopefully there's nothing to worry about, but hey maybe someone here knows a thing or two. :)

Cheers!

PS : Her parents are retired if that makes any difference.

devilkitty, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  2. newsniche

newsniche Peon

Best Answers:
    It may be registered as the directors or companies address.

It would be easier just to ask them and see if what they say adds up.

newsniche, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  3. W Lee

W Lee Member

Best Answers:
    I would be very concerned, this is not legal advice, but if the business or person using this address would be involved in any type of activity that was unlawful or was obligated financially to pay someone money, I would think this address is where someone would assume the business is located.

No one should be using someones address without the owners permission.

W Lee, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    He's likely using the address as a place to collect mail or have anything related to the business sent to. Assuming he's ok'd this with the owners of the address, I don't see any problems with this.

Mia, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  5. Robertnelsoninc

Robertnelsoninc Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to find out first whether their was permission granted or not... then go from there. Thats step one.
    Robert

Robertnelsoninc, Aug 4, 2009 IP