1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Article Writing worth it?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by noclue, Aug 4, 2009.

I was just curoius to know how many DP members are successful with article writing in forms of driving traffic to thier sites as oppose to directory submissions and social bookmarking as well. I just started with submitting to Directories and Bookmarking sites, and wanted to know if I should also start with submitting articles or should I just focus more on Directories and Bookmarking instead. Unfortinately, I'm not an internet millionare yet, LOL and I still have to work long hours for a living, so I only have some much time a day to devote to promoting my website and I just don't want to waste my time submitting to article sites when I could be spending it submitting to more directories and bookmarking sites. :(

Many Thanks For Any Imput.

noclue, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  2. harrysidhu

harrysidhu Peon

Best Answers:
    articles are always good but you have to write lots and be consistent. 1 or 2 might no do anything but if you have a few hundreds or thousands that when you see traffic that's why most people outsource this stuff now days just make sure when you outsource the person is a good writer and can get your message across.

harrysidhu, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  3. NewTVLinks.com

NewTVLinks.com Guest

Best Answers:
    I do alot of article marketing, and it does work. If you don't have money to outsource, then I would recommend just doing some bum marketing =]

NewTVLinks.com, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  4. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are talking about driving a lot of traffic to your site, no, it does not work.

I'm going to assume that you want at least 500 a day, if not more.

It won't even give you half that.

But why are you asking? Try it to see for yourself.

Perry Rose, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  5. harrysidhu

harrysidhu Peon

Best Answers:
    lol it can be done but you will need tons of articles and i mean tons so maybe its not worth it, there's better ways to get traffic but it is possible no doubt.

6. sebastianrs

sebastianrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clearly some of the users around here have not used article marketing to their full potential. Heck, when you hear "article marketing" you probably just think of the many article directories (Article Dashboards), iSnare, or anything like that. Article marketing done right can get you thousands of visitors and leads.

Obviously, if you write the same articles that others have written a thousand times, you will get almost nowhere and the statements from harrysidhu and Perry Rose will hold true.

sebastianrs, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  7. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay...as someone with more experience, older, and who has more experince in marketing and advertising, I have an open mind...so show examples of webmasters' sites, maybe yours, where they have hundreds upon hundreds, maybe thousands of daily visitors on a consistent basis.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  8. harrysidhu

harrysidhu Peon

Best Answers:
    Look if you look at the work that goes into writing these quality articles and the quantity needed its not the best option for traffic, that's what i believe.

9. sebastianrs

sebastianrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, but I am not allowed to reveal any of those sites. They are either my clients' sites or sites from associates of mine that have generate a lot of valuable traffic through a well-planned viral article marketing campaign. The key is not to distribute to article directories that publish non-unique reprint articles, but to find partner sites or valuable online magazines. If your content really is unique (not just in terms of Copyscape results, but in terms of value), you will have no problem to find partners.

sebastianrs, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  10. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Uh-huh, that's what I thought.

It's either damn kids, noobs, and or brainless idiots racking up their post count on this site making shit up.

Serious posters looking for good SOUND advice can't get a break here on this and other boards.

11. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is worth it, you just can't do it like everyone else. The traditional method (write an article, post it to a few directories, write another one, etc) doesn't work.

dlm, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  12. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    *shrugs shoulders* And I am going to assume that he means quality traffic, not curiosity seekers.

13. noclue

noclue Peon

Best Answers:

The only reason I'm asking is beacause I don't want to spend the next month or so devopling and writing articles and submiting them to as many Article sites if its not going to be as effective as spending the same amount of time submitting my site to directories and bookmarking sites.

Thanks everyone for the imput. I quess for right now I'm going to just stick with Directories and Bookmarking. Either way, it seems the time and effort to put into Article marketing seems to be very time consuming for the amount of traffic it can devolpe, or atleast until you devlope a "article marketing method" that works out consitantly enough that drive a nice amount of daily traffic. For me driving a few hundred people a day to my website would be great at this point :D

noclue, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  14. AccelLearn

AccelLearn Peon

Best Answers:
    Article writing will probably be worth it if you have fairly good grammar. I see way too many crappy articles with no real value, that are obviously written just to attract clicks from searches.

AccelLearn, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  15. findtips

findtips Peon

Best Answers:
    I've noticed many of your posts are filled with hatred and negativity. Have you ever tried love instead? Love is to happiness what money is to wealth.

findtips, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    sebastianrs likes this.
  16. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    No, his posts are filled with honesty.

Most of the people on this forum are idiots. It's the unfortunate truth.

dlm, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    simey likes this.
  17. findtips

findtips Peon

Best Answers:
    You must be his brother. lol

Seriously... Are you sure you want to be that cynical in life? It's a miserable way to live.

findtips, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  18. RPP

RPP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have found in my short experience that in terms of gaining traffic it is not worth the trouble. However if your a good writer and can produce quality articles you might be able to make it work. I'm far from an expert, but that is my opinion.

RPP, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  19. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Uh, findtips...what are you talking about?

You must not get out much.

20. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm actually a very happy go-lucky person.

I just wish this forum contained fewer morons.

dlm, Aug 4, 2009 IP