1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My SERP in Google Dropped Significantly

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Lumber Joe, Aug 4, 2009.

My web site held second place in Google for certian keyword for prolonged period of time. Suddenly it SERP worsened and my site jumped to 91st place and it stays there already for a week.

Have you ever seen anything like that? Is it temporary change or permanent? How can I help it?

P.S. SERP changed only for initial page, but for other pages it is the same as it was.

Lumber Joe, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  2. Soniya

Soniya Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to get some backlinks from trust web sites.

Soniya, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  3. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    take a look at your own link profile. Perhaps you lost some a bunch of IBLs - if so, try to recover them. Or take a look at the page on your site. Have you changed the text? Has your internal linking changed significantly?

BILZ, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  4. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With the information provided, its going to be impossible to even start guessing as to what the problem might be. There are a lot of factors that determine "where" your site ranks.

Some of the factors include the quality of the backlinks - do you have a lot of links from spam filled directories? Are you posting original content on a regular basis, or are you buying articles that have been posted on 1,000 other sites. Are you using spammy keywords, such as "how to make money on the internet." Is your site linking to copyright protected music or movies. Is your site promoting illegal content,,,, the list goes on and on.

My suggestion is to review the overall quality of your site. Then read through the google webmaster guidelines and go from there.

~kev~, Aug 4, 2009 IP