1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Rank is it 50% of all traffic? says Matt Cutz....

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Aaron111, Jul 31, 2009.

1. sleuth1

sleuth1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone notice anything unusual about the above quote :confused: ? I would like my signature to show up in quotes to, please :D

sleuth1, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  2. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AGAIN the pr in your browser may not be real... say top SEO analysis...

Aaron111, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  3. goodfta

goodfta Active Member

Best Answers:
    well if mats says it, can it be wrong? :)_

goodfta, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  4. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    all the seo people know what tactics they use just to get it... why? because so called webmasters are always scraping the web for the site with high PR ...... no why so.... and some pr dont matter? be realistic my friends....

Aaron111, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  5. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Aaron, I know you've been reading my posts for the past year, but you keep missing my point. KEYWORD DENSITY IS NONSENSE, and PageRank is not worth chasing after. Now, let me say this one last time. PageRank != Traffic. It simply used to be an indiator of how popular a Web page was based on the number, quality and relevance of the links that were pointing to it.

Of course that was BEFORE all these so-called "SEO experts" started manipulating the system (and everything else the search engines implemented to improve the quality of their search results).

So you're saying I'm wasting my breath and my time trying to tell you the TRUTH? That it's just 1 of about 200 or so factors that determine your rankings? Have you ever thought that the traffic might come from people clicking on the links to your Web site and not the PR of the pages within your site?

Okay, that made about as much sense as anything Robert Gibbs tries to say during a press conference. Seriously, I have no idea what you just tried to say.

And yet pages with low PageRanks can and often DO beat pages with higher PageRanks. Why? Because the pages are MORE RELEVANT and depending on the page may have links that have better quality and are more relevant than the links that were obtained simply because they (or their site's home page) had a high PageRank.

And as far as I'm concerned, the whole "more you pay the more you see" baloney with regard to AdWords is just that - a myth. Nonsense. Kind of like keyword density (kudos to Dr. E. Garcia for writing that article). Why do I feel this way? Because Pay Per Click is NOT search optimization - it's search marketing. It also has nothing to do with link devleopment or content promotion.

Usually when I'm blasting someone (like you right now) I'm doing so to clean out the garbage that some SEO "experts" and "gurus" pass along as "secret knowledge" so it can be replaced with real facts. I'm like a Marine Corps drill sargeant in that respect. You could say that I'm tearing you down before rebuilding you into a lean mean search engine optimizing machine.

So please, don't take it personally.

Or choose keywords that have high search volumes that are easier to rank for instead of just going after the "big" keywords in each niche and a handfull of long-tails while calling it SEO.

Something I actually agree with him on. And I don't agree with him most of the time, either.

Pretty much.

You mean feared the same way the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man was before Gozer turned it into a 100 foot tall walking instrument of mayhem and world destruction in the movie "Ghostbusters"?

And yet here I am saying "relevance relevance relevance".

Oh, it's real. It's just OLD. A snapshot back in time. Need I bring up the examples of Eta Carinae and Betelgeuse again?

And yet I don't give a damn about PageRank. It's not the end-all be-all that many "SEO experts" and "gurus" mistakenly make it out to be.

Dan Schulz, Aug 3, 2009 IP
    Canonical likes this.
  6. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @dan schultz

You are my hero. I could NOT have said it better myself and agree totally. FINALLY someone that understands WTF is going on! LOL

Canonical, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  7. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    politically PR incorrect ..... and of all information latter's.... I climb in search... this is no myth as you might procrastinate... the efforts of your judgmental call...... in the most respectable view is seo PR is for Google keep it in mind... as I said.... pr is for Google....

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
    Aaron111, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  8. abrilward

abrilward Peon

Best Answers:
    It is still important.. People (website owner) will exchange links with you if you have high PR..

abrilward, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  9. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    traffic might come from people clicking on the links to your Web site and not the PR of the pages within your site

that's powerful insight ..... only a seo can offer ..

Aaron111, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  10. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great, lets all chase after PR again! By the way, the PR in your toolbar is not the real PR! Well that makes your whole argument work, doesn't it. No one but Google knows what your real PR is so there's no way of proving that PR = traffic or proving PR != traffic. That makes this argument pointless.

qazu, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  11. web-fanatic

web-fanatic Banned

Best Answers:
    Matt cutt once said that more than 100+ are considered for ranking :)

web-fanatic, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  12. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know why I'm doing this but I'm taking great pleasure in shooting holes in other peoples' "logic" lately. Time for another salvo, I guess.

Pretend I have two apples that were picked a month apart. One was a month ago, the other this morning. If I were to give you the old apple and say that it looked like the new apple when it was picked, is it any less real? Of course not. All it means is that the old apple rotted and is no longer edible.

Take my analogy and combine it with my previous statement - I think it more than proves that PR != Traffic quite easily. Simple common sense, really.

Dan Schulz, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  13. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, because you can see last month's apples you can tell which ones are more juicy?
    Remember those are last month's apples you are comparing. :(

qazu, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  14. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, would you rather eat a fresh or rotten apple? It really comes down to that.

Dan Schulz, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  15. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    Ide say that thats a good way to display the myth of why PR is so darn niche... the more factors are uncovered here at DP........ based on why we thread is to boost PR and hopefully grab some traffic in the serps......... currently since I started this thread," factors are still becoming noted..... Ive documented them in a nut shell ..... chasing PR is like chasing a duck in a swamp....... you almost get it then you sink........ wow this thread give all experts more reason to blast PR.... if you shoot your self in the foot over it you know it aint wirth the hassles..........

here are some outlying factors

1.blog commating for pagerank site
    2.participate in dofollow forums
    3.do dofollow social bookmarking sites
    4.do some pagerank directories
    5.article submission

if you have time to then maybe it can happen right>>>>>>> I dont care who you are online..." in seo" and Google PR the race is never ending....

Aaron111, Aug 7, 2009 IP