1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youtube on wordpress - is this possible?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by junvalasek, Jul 30, 2009.

I am really thinking of the best possible solution to my problem. My boxing blog that contains hundreds of boxing knockout youtube videos is attracting more than 1k unique visitors per day but I can't think of any good way to monetize it. Adsense is not working good in such website because all visitors are focusing on watching videos and not on ads.

My plan is to offer membership and asking visitors for a small membership fee in order to watch all available videos in my blog. 1k unique visitors per day from search engines is not a small traffic to ignore.

Now my question is, is there anyway I can do this? To show videos to visitors but when they click this videos they need to register for a small amount (let say $1)? And let only full members to view all videos?

This is a great help to me if this thing has solution...

Thanks a lot.

junvalasek, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  2. RedPorsches

RedPorsches Peon

Best Answers:
    At one point in time I was in the same position that you are in now. If all 1k is from SE then send me a PM and I will help you out as much as I can with your monetizing problem. I can probably make you a good $10-15 a day if everything is correct.

RedPorsches, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  3. zandigo

zandigo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest some CPA network that has gateway feature. For simplicity, CPAlead will give you a gateway to lock your videos, then visitors will have to fill out some simple offers (you chose of course), to continue to watch the video.

If you are more experience, you can go to any CPA network, then apply your own code to work like a gateway,... From 1k unique, $15, or even $50 a day is so easy to get.

zandigo, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  4. junvalasek

junvalasek Banned

Best Answers:
    I think I would go for a membership site and have my visitors pay for a small subscription fee to view all videos..

junvalasek, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  5. ivan.kristianto

ivan.kristianto Active Member

Best Answers:
    i would go to cpalead if i were you.
    I can block the visitor until they complete the survey. And you got money from cpalead.
    Just my thought.

ivan.kristianto, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  6. 24hscripts

24hscripts Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is probably the best option.

24hscripts, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  7. ilovelinux

ilovelinux Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there. You might want to try this plugin for wordpress: SUMA

ilovelinux, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  8. ilovelinux

ilovelinux Peon

Best Answers:
    Or try this free plugin: MemberWing

ilovelinux, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  9. adbox

adbox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm sorry I misunderstood the need.
    Oh no I dont know of one, but this is an interesting topic.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    adbox, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  10. agilius

agilius Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To answer your question. Yes you can make users register in order to see the video. Like ilovelinux(cool nickname) said, there must be some kind of plugin for this. If you can't find something that works, worry not, it's not hard to find someone who can create this functionality for your wordpress blog for a small fee.

I would consider CPA, however as far as I know, many visitors will NOT complete that offer and rather search something on youtube. After all you give them a title, that can be easily made into a search on youtube.

Banners would go well in my opinion. CPM offers. Something like that. Or even adsense, if you create a small list under the video that will have related videos, and near, or between those some ads, that would have some CTR. I am not sure if this is legal however, since adsense has it's way with strict rules.

I hope this helps you!

agilius, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  11. ilovelinux

ilovelinux Peon

Best Answers:
    @agilius: thanks. :D

ilovelinux, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  12. agilius

agilius Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for saying thanks, but it would be better to leave a thank you (the balance icon in the top right corner of my post) than bumping the thread like that...

agilius, Aug 3, 2009 IP
    ilovelinux likes this.