1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free mailing list?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dixie, Aug 2, 2009.

Hey, what's the best website to use to start am opt-in mailing list that wont cost me anything?

thanks in advance.

Dixie, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  2. Meads

Meads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could try phplist and install on your server.

Meads, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  3. Dixie

Dixie Guest

Best Answers:
    Errr, i don't think i would ask if i had a server.

Dixie, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  4. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dixie it would be best to get an account at aweber. It's not free but its the best out there. You don't have to start a mailing list then change it to aweber later. All your subscribers will have to re confirm their subscription and about 70 - 75% of them will not.

kush86, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can try bravenet they do provide free mail list to user.
    Its free.

mentos, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  6. ebizlaunch

ebizlaunch Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on the kind of list you want to build, and the numbers involved.

If you're expecting a small list (< 1K members) and not very frequent mailings, you could try using phplist or other list mailing scripts on your own website. You can run this on a shared hosting account.

If you are looking to get a large number of subscriptions and / or frequent mailings, don't do it on your own site even if you have a server. Two reasons
    a) Many providers restrict the number of mailings per hour; they don't want to get their ip's blacklisted as spam sources. Typical numbers I've seen are 200 - 500 / hour. In such a case, if you have a list that's many thousands, just imagine the amount of time it would take for a broadcast to be sent out.
    b) Even if your hosting provider allows it - most isp's and email providers (gmail / hotmail / yahoo) will automatically classify your mail as spam, if they get too many messages hitting their server within a short while.

For a large list (and if you're looking to send commercial offers / have people buy), go with aweber / getresponse. Using a free provider looks as though you're a fly by night operation, or doing so badly that your offer doesn't have credibility.

On the other hand - if you MUST go free (for instance, setting up a free ebook site or some such); try using google groups / yahoo groups in list mailing mode rather than as a discussion group.

ebizlaunch, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  7. Double-S

Double-S Peon

Best Answers:
    many people wan free things but free things is not good for long term...

Double-S, Aug 6, 2009 IP