1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned Members

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Gooseman, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeh.. it's a "gift" for members to come here and post... :rolleyes:.

You know the rules are a problem when 100's of members are banned all the time, and people like the OP are coming in here wondering why. You know the rules are a problem when multi-year members are getting banned for a simple post (see: the guy above and me and many others)...

Like I've already suggested... there's a much better way to handle it. It's called a simple warning infraction... if you don't listen to a warning then fine...

EDIT: I'd sure love to see some stats on how many 12+ month old members have been banned in the last 2 months. And how many active members are currently banned right now, etc...

yo-yo, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Warning infraction system? That's what infractions are... Warnings.

digitalpoint, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  3. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right.. and you don't get any. You just get banned for 7 days... or at least in my case... hadn't had an infraction in nearly 3 years. Come back and post "interested. send details" in someone's thread.. and poof gone for 7 days.

Edit.. yes i broke the rule (didnt re-read them after all the years i'd been gone). However.. I should have been warned with an infraction rather than a 7 day ban (IMO).

yo-yo, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Too much work to warn everyone personally. 300k users works out to a lot of personalized "warnings". Really just a time/efficiency thing.

digitalpoint, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  5. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I also got 7days banned 2 times, then we learn to protect DP rules. That's how DP is protected and so clean than other forums.

Have a nice day
    Blog.

blog8491, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  6. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow now I have an infraction for THIS POST too?
    If discussing bans in a banned members thread is against the rules... I'm done with this place until you're nazi mods are done handing out bans and infractions every 30 seconds.

This used to be a nice place to visit... but shawn you just don't seem to give a damn that your mods are pissing everyone off.. oh well, good luck. :cool:

yo-yo, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  7. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    If you don't know what the word "nazi" means, don't use it. It only makes you look ignorant.

Katy, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  8. oliver96

oliver96 Guest

Best Answers:
    I honestly don't think bans need to be given out so easily. Forum's are a place to chill out and have fun, not to be worried about being banned for the slightest error. How about being a bit more laid back, I can't stand people being horrible and hard on newbies.

oliver96, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  9. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Every forum is laid back to start with. Once you get more members in, there arises a need to exercise control in some way.

gr8liverpoolfan, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  10. campolar

campolar Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, many infractions for "runnig up post count has no value" are being issued... i got 2 of them, and right now i have 5 infractions :eek: I'm half way to being banned :confused:

So these infractions (even for dublicate threads) can also be the reason of being banned...

campolar, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  11. rexiedexie

rexiedexie Guest

Best Answers:
    If I stuck around here I would get BANNED

I write informative articles about earning money online, affiliate programs, and getting volume web page traffic. I cannot complete these articles without adding urls.

I could direct people to my signature to see the urls.... If I had enough points to have a signature url. As I am in 100s of other forums communities and free advertising sites where these restrictions do not apply I cannot see the point of making useless comments and posts to earn enough points.

So I guess you will have to catch up with me in other forums as all the same people join many forums, just look for rexiedexie of google me.

rexiedexie, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  12. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Like I already already mention Yo-yo - the rules / stickies posted are already the warning. Choose not to read them and heed them, and you have no grounds to complain.

jhmattern, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  13. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can link to another site in your articles, as long as it aint spam or affiliate links.

You cannot direct people to your sig.

You have 3 posts. Are you not just here for a moan?

peter_anderson, Aug 2, 2009 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  14. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    @rexiedexie The point of DP is not to have people post "articles" for the links. Since you specifically mention free advertising forums, that's what it sounds like you want. In that case, DP isn't for you. On a sidenote (to everyone as I don't know if this was your intention), please do not treat DP as an article marketing site. If we find people copy/pasting articles from elsewhere to DP, we delete them.

jhmattern, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  15. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    "As a discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
    --Godwin's Law

TikTok, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  16. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    another user has already mentioned Nazism.
    and all you complainers should grow up and stop acting like impetuous children.

sawz, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'd say it's a pretty fair comparison, we will be rolling out our first concentration camp in ~2 weeks.

digitalpoint, Aug 2, 2009 IP
    browntwn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.