1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ebay Partner Network, frustrating rejection

Discussion in 'eBay' started by smallmerchant, Jun 11, 2009.

Hello,

I read alot about how to get accepted into this tough program. I put together what I felt was a quality site that complied with all of their basic requirements. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I am really trying hard to get accepted, but after two rejections I am wondering if I should be seeking an alternative.

Thanks in advance, Nick

www.TheNuttyGolfer.com

smallmerchant, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I would not worry too much about it. Unless you are cookie stuffing, eBay doesn't pay well enough to be worth worrying about.

And if you are cookie stuff, you have a lot of other things to be worrying about. :D

Will.Spencer, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  3. smallmerchant

smallmerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Will, but everything I have read says that eBay is a very profitable (and the most generous) affiliate program. What is a better alternative for a niche golf site?

Thanks! Nick

4. aamigallery

aamigallery Guest

Best Answers:
    You can look for offers on CJ, I saw one with good conversion rate there.

aamigallery, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  5. Norrad

Norrad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been rejected loads of times by Ebay, I created a great site that looks for auctions that are about to end and have zero bids. I emailed eBay and they told me what I needed to do and they still rejected me.

So I feel your pain.

Norrad, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  6. smallmerchant

smallmerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys!

I just applied to PepperJam... what's the difference between promoting ebay via PepperJam, and EPN?

Nick

7. fr0gman

fr0gman Peon

Best Answers:
    You lose 25% and are subject to having all of your earning disappear... oh wait, you are subject to that with any eBay Partner Network affiliation.

I would not pursue EPN as they are totally unstable. They are also lead by Steve Hartman, the guy that brought 3rd party ads to eBay. He is an idiot and any program that he is associated with is one not worth promoting.

fr0gman, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  8. alexkarma

alexkarma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    eBay is very choosy.. you have to have some connections or an outstanding resume to even approach them i'm sure..

alexkarma, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  9. ghel

ghel Peon

Best Answers:
    At first,have you figure out the reason why you are rejected?This is avoid doing it again and prevents rejection of other network affiliates.

ghel, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  10. Goran

Goran Peon

Best Answers:
    I created an EPN account after they left CJ and got accepted instantly. But I guess it's a lot harder now.

Goran, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  11. gcintermed

gcintermed Member

Best Answers:
    I set up an account a year ago when they first started. And the results were good, so I put more effort into it. What makes it good is that eBay pays you for each new signup (ACRU). If the new members are considered "high quality" (ie. buy more from eBay), they pay you more. I was making $40 per new signup. So I started advertising for items that I thought would get more signups, out of the way items that you wouldn't think of are on eBay. It worked, my signups and traffic and commissions grew to a steady 4-figures monthly. Then all of a sudden, eBay tells me I have engaged in "cookie stuffing", shuts me down, keeps all my money. No one is returning my email complaints, and I am talking to a lawyer about suing. Be careful, it could happen to you.

gcintermed, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Guilty until proven innocent is bad enough -- but when there is no process in place to prove yourself innocent things get really weird.

It sounds like a lawsuit is just what is needed to force eBay to shape up and fly right.

Will.Spencer, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  13. scott231us

scott231us Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard Pepper Jam uses their own tracking, so you often get paid for your converions. Ebay seems to cheat you now and then.

scott231us, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  14. Hanz1980

Hanz1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    eBay's affiliate program is run by nitwits. A bunch of silly folk who probably get drunk at their desk and decide to just ban EPN members to entertain themselves. EPN is very unprofessionally run. They're just completely clueless and offer no explanation whatsoever when handing out bans by the loads. You can't even get through to them. It's almost sickening the way they carry themselves and the way they treat people who are supposed to be "partners".
    You almost want to just go down to their headquarters and strangle those idiots in charge. It's really gotten out of hand.
    What I found really upsetting was a year ago when eBay was banning EPN members and when EPN members banned together on the eBay boards forcing eBay to give an explanation, eBay said "We want our customers to be engaged."
    Whatever the hell that means???? :confused: A very asinine statement and when asked to explain further, they hightailed it off the boards.
    They were just closing so many accounts, saying "Your account has been expired." Showing absolutely no respect to its loyal members, many of them who relied on eBay's partnership program in order to make a living.

Hanz1980, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    eBay is poorly managed in general, and the result is that Amazon.com and Craigslist are slowly but steadily eroding it's market share.

eBay has dropped from the 16th most popular site on the Internet to the 22nd. If they don't get a better idea of what business they need to be in, the fall will continue.

Will.Spencer, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  16. whgamer

whgamer Peon

Best Answers:
    For what its worth...I would reach out to Ebay and explain to them why you would be a good fit. This has worked for a couple of people I know and they have overturned their decision. Good luck

whgamer, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  17. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    sin, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  18. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's always been scary trying to work with EPN and my guess is that CJ didn't want to align themselves with such an arbitrary commission based system and the direction eBay was planning on going. Its dirty, non transparent, and breeds resent.

I'm using them through PJN, but actively look for a replacement every single day. Like others, if you aren't using them already, don't bother and find something else.

cldnails, Aug 20, 2009 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  19. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    It looks like eBay is working hard to alienate the few affiliates who have stuck with them during their ill planned escape from CJ.

Those two links show a lot of pissed off people. To see what they are pissed off about, read Announcing Quality Click Pricing.

Will.Spencer, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  20. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to know why you seem to be going out of your way to alienate people against EPN when you are not even a member? or did they kick you out?

I wouldalso like to know how you arrive at this untruth? "eBay doesn't pay well enough to be worth worrying about."

mcjp6, Aug 24, 2009 IP