1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Being At The Top Of Google Enough Proof Your Seo Is Good

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Aaron111, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats the main goal.... im their every day... so im sure the term is high in searced but only searched by vacationers and travelers headed to kauai Hawaii

Aaron111, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  2. digital_point001

digital_point001 Banned

Best Answers:
    I am Rank for a keyword which has 3 lak visiter per month, but i am not getting traffic from this keyword.
    So Rank NO.1 is not only the success.

digital_point001, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  3. Andrewjoh2009

Andrewjoh2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Converting the traffic into sales, which results into dollars is the ultimate SEO goal for any webmaster. You can be be number 1 for your keyword and be getting 10,000 vistors a day, but if you're unable to sell or make money from the traffic then what is the point?

Andrewjoh2009, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  4. r0y1993

r0y1993 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's probably been mentioned many times here but it really depends on what keywords you are competing for.

r0y1993, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  5. Aaron111

Best Answers:

seo does revolve around keyword density I here... I agree this thread is very helpful to those looking for knowledge on good seo works ....... valuable to clientle you work for also .... I heard it from a Jamaican SEO he uses the paid version of the Adwords tools that pays him well .... keyword domination ....

Aaron111, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  6. goodfta

goodfta Active Member

Best Answers:
    it all depends on your niche. Many sites rank #1 without even doing SEO, it helps if your domain if is your main keyword that is driving your traffic.

goodfta, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  7. sleuth1

sleuth1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget the longtail, or getting a multiplicity of search terms related to a target or subject. With subject terms very hard to rank for in particular, it is often effective to run a blog (off your main site) and pick up traffic via the random use of natural writing which would include many lesser or more complex-related terms, in the end as far as your seo customer goes it would be traffic delivery (and then sales conversion) that would prove your worth.

sleuth1, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  8. FireFinch SEO

FireFinch SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Meta keywords don't matter.

Coming up on the top can be a matter of luck. But if you are consistently coming up at the top for your targeted keywords, it is an indicator that yes - your SEO is "good".

FireFinch SEO, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  9. IvanJosip

IvanJosip Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many people forget to check the monthly search volume for particular keyword.

To do that you must go to free Google Keyword Tool and write in search box your keyword. On the top right corner you must select from Match type Exact.

That will show you number of monthly searches for "exact" keyword phrase. There are many discussions out there about "good enough" amount of monthly searcher and it varies from 500 to 3000. I prefer 3000 monthly searches and competitors number under 7000. Then you can get in first page of Google under 7 days.

To check exact competitors number (you will get just green bar from Google keyword Tool) you write that keyword in quotes in Google search box. At the right top corner you will see exact number of sites competing for that keyword.

IvanJosip, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  10. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    how much traffic are you getting on these terms?

ok firstly I tried "massage Kauai" and have you at #5 for that here. #5 will give you approx 3-5% of the search traffic based on this clickthrough research from 2008

[​IMG]

now go here http://labs.wordtracker.com/seo-blogger/ and download it, put in massage kauai and multiply the number it gives by 0.04

that is the kind of traffic you can expect. ..and as for other kws wordtracker threw up

you forgot that one :)

SEOibiza, Aug 2, 2009 IP
    Aaron111 likes this.
  11. Remy_101

Remy_101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Initially, struggle for ranking.

Once having good ranking, then struggle for traffics.

Once having good traffic, then struggle for conversion.

Don't ever think internet marketing life is easy.

Cheers..

Remy_101, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  12. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    thats an award winning threat ataack.... green light to you check your user CP for good help ... lol im already using this tool but the part where it analyzize I cannot find can you pm the how to... lol enjoy your good rep ..

Aaron111, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  13. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    low-competition keywords that bring in valuable streams of traffic.... why use them.... when high end word are more targeted ....

Aaron111, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  14. webhunter2001

webhunter2001 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you rank your site #1 with the key word "web hosting", "credit card", "mortgage", "car loan", etc, it is definitely a proof that you are the SEO expert. You will earn the money from the SEO efforts.

webhunter2001, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  15. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    It might be hard to that especialy when their is no reason... I target Kauai massage not massage lol

Aaron111, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  16. elenabush

elenabush Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google users is plenty off on the world than definitely becoming good seo.

elenabush, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  17. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    as a seo I like to believe I know every aspect in serps.... if your getting hampered my overly saturated searches then you become blustered in muck.... .....
    longtail phrase all that ... why are seos hyping on they longtail theory these days ..
    :cool:

Aaron111, Aug 3, 2009 IP