1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why no traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by similikiti65, Jul 31, 2009.

1. stupidcamel

stupidcamel Member

Best Answers:
    To attract the readers with fun element is the basic movement. However, it is not enough. Consistent Marketing approaches of websites owners are very important. It is not an easy piece of job but requires dedicated working.

stupidcamel, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  2. moerdo

moerdo Peon

Best Answers:
    The competition is defined by the position on the search engine. One of the things affect the position is traffic. you have to get more traffic to your website. How? at least using article marketing and social bookmarking.

looking forward your PM ;)

moerdo, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  3. moerdo

moerdo Peon

Best Answers:
    @senecacollege: usually two words keyword phrase have more competitors and the website that relatively new will be harder to compete. please CMIIW

moerdo, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  4. moerdo

moerdo Peon

Best Answers:

@rezaputra: i think it's not about the length of keyword; it's all about how many people to search using that keyword. :)
    For example in "insurance" market, when we see more than three phrase keyword under "insurance", the people searching on that keyword is quite many as well :)

moerdo, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  5. Augra

Augra Member

Best Answers:
    I agree about not putting so many pictures on your site. You already have one page for your gallery which gives you a good sample of what you offer.

Reason I say this is because Google's word spiders read content and not pictures. So you want to make your site readable to Google but at the same time attractive to visitors.

I like how you talked about the difference between digital art and regular art, but I would also recommend you mention the benefit of your art (e.g. lasts longer than regular paintings and easier to clean. Just as attractive. Modern attractive art for much, much less than normal paintings. Something like that. Personally hand crafted, etc.). Demonstrate to your visitor what is the benefit or your art compared to some other gallery.

Then, in the frequently asked questions clarify common questions. I couldn't tell anywhere on your site if I could pay by credit card, money order, international check, PayPal, escrow? Be careful that you choose a good payment processor that saves you from getting stolen from. Don't want to deliver art and people don't pay up. Do you want them to pay half? Make payment up front and you send them a receipt? Whatever your procedure is, be sure to explain that to the visitor. Don't have them trying to figure it out, or they will just go away.

I would also think of keywords that are more generic such as home decor, interior accents, wall art, office art, etc. Think of keywords that the average person who might be interested in your art might think of. If you put digital art, you know what that means, but the average person my think it means creating a website or something technical.

if you put yourself into the mind of your customer and think how they do, it can help you decide how to connect with them.

Hope that helps.

Augra, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  6. similikiti65

similikiti65 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Augra, thank you sooooo much. You give me ideas and clearly explanation. I love your keywords sugestion, may I use them?

Do I have to fill ALT:... on image, because all my images have not fill text as my friend sugested. He told me that its not good for SEO optimation, It is correct?

similikiti65, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  7. moerdo

moerdo Peon

Best Answers:
    Augra, since similikiti is dealing with micro niche market, would that be great, if he has long keyword that still has traffic? CMIIW

moerdo, Aug 1, 2009 IP