1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it Google changeing the way they Rank sites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by maineexista, Jul 31, 2009.

lastly, i've noticed pretty many changes in the way google crawl/index/SERP which make me think google it changes the "formula" again.

my site just went from PR3 to PR0 without me doing any major changes.
    another proof would be that in webmaster/Diagnostics/Crawl Stats they are not showing the
    The PageRank of your pages in Google Distribution
    No data available. Please check back soon.
    Your page with the highest PageRank
    <- they are like this for over 3 days by now....i am still wondering what's going on....what should we do next to get in the top ?!

well, if you have any sign, any changes happening, put them down here, maybe something good comes out ;)

maineexista, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    google changes their ranking algorithm all the time. each year they make about 500 modifications to their algo. often minor but sometimes they make major changes once in every few years and those updates have their own fancy name like florida update, brandy update, etc

sultanofseo, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  3. jingwen

jingwen Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should keep on building backlinks and make sure all of them have a high quality.Then your pr will came back.

jingwen, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  4. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Rather than assuming that Google did something, did you check the incoming links to your Web site? Do they still exist? What about the links pointing to those Web sites? Are they now missing a large number of links? Or were those links of low quality to begin with (such as blog comments, forum signatures, almost all social media)?

Dan Schulz, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  5. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since PR is based solely on the your URL's inbound links and how much PR THEY are passing you, my guess is that your URLs have less inbound links that are being counted by Google now. This can be for a LOT of different reasons. Perhaps sites have dropped the links to your URL from their pages. Perhaps several pages that link to you are no longer indexed and therefore no longer counted as a backlink. Perhaps links previously counted were follow links, but are now being rendered as nofollow links.

Also, lots of pages that link to your URL could themselves be passing you PR, but much less than before. Low quality links like those from article submission, forum signatures, blog posts, blog comments, directories, etc. typically loose their "punch" over time and pass much less PR once they roll off the "Recent Articles" page, fall deep into the archives of a forum, roll off the home page of a blog, etc. Also those pages that link to you could have loss inbound links and therefore have less PR to pass out. Or perhaps they have more outbound links than they used to so now they are passing less PR out on each outbound link.

Canonical, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  6. homey

homey Peon

Best Answers:
    The google dance, not much you can do but keep on adapting and building good content and links. This last month has produced some strange results, some pretty bad sites getting high ranks while good sites get buried.

homey, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  7. maineexista

maineexista Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what concerns me.
    Good sites going down and weak sites going up.
    Anyways, one of my site is still maintaing the PR and SERP but still going down on traffic, dunno what google did this time, but i'm not very happy about the changes.

One day i will make my own google :p, wanna join this project ?;)

maineexista, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  8. moneybomb

moneybomb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so is there a way to stay on top with google??

moneybomb, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  9. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, write quality, topical relevant content that is highly targeted to the audience you are trying to attract, use HTML and other Web technologies the way they were MEANT to be used (HTML for semantic structure, CSS for appearance, and JavaScript for interaction - keeping the CSS and JS in separate files), and get merit-based links pointing back to your Web site's pages.

Dan Schulz, Aug 4, 2009 IP