1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Tranaparent Rule to enter into DMOZ ?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by dhana_space1, Feb 29, 2008.

Hello All,

I have tried few times submitting my link into DMOZ...
    Is there any rules, I need to follow so that my site enters into DMOZ.

I have submitted my site, long back..
    waiting...
    waiting...
    waiting...
    waiting...
    waiting...
    waiting...
    waiting...

I hope, If they have some rules like..
    It should few years old.
    and it should have some PR
    there should be some rules, so that we can enter into it easily. (i.e good websites)

dhana_space1, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  2. garretc2003

garretc2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    Did the directory have an editor? I find most of DMOZ to be dead.

garretc2003, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  3. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Neither of those are requirements. There are many crap sites that would meet those two criteria. Here are the guidelines editors use when selecting sites. http://www.dmoz.org/guidelines/include.html

nebuchadrezzar, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Do I need to even remotely suggest that pointing to the guidelines without saying a site needs UNIQUE content is shaky advice? Certainly was according to you when I did it, now you've just done the same thing. I thought you were trying to be a role model, lol.

dhana_space1 check There are no guidelines

Then just submit & forget, or forget to submit... the wait time is often the same.

Qryztufre, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    and there are many crap sites that would not meet those two criterias but are listed. :D

gworld, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  6. BBowers

BBowers Peon

Best Answers:

I submitted a site to DMOZ back in September of 2007, but never got accepted or rejected. In '05 I submitted a site and it was linked within a month. I have found many categories to have no editors, so it takes a while for the editors that are there to get around to things.

BBowers, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  7. bruno.simoes

bruno.simoes Peon

Best Answers:
    but editors are associated to specific categories ?

bruno.simoes, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  8. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Some editors edit in just one category, if there is one they will be named at the bottom of the category page.

Other editors have editing permissions in many categories, but would be named in a higher category.

If you mean do editors edit in categories where their site is listed, yes, of course. Those editors usually have a great interest in editing that particular topic, but they have to claim any afilliations they have with any site, right on their editing dashboard, and they must treat every site impartially, including their own.

I, myself, edit in thousands of categories, but I own no sites, and I'm afilliated with none.

I thought we got rid of all your sites, gworld. :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    crowbar, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  9. francis2007

francis2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    My all sites are coming on top of google with most competitive keywords still they are not getting listed at dmoz. I don't think any one approved the listing.

francis2007, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  10. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    That has nothing to do with the Directory, we could care less about PR or keywords, they are not a factor.

No site has a right to be listed at all, and we don't want all sites, so I wouldn't waste any time thinking about it. Once you've suggested your site to us, there is absolutely nothing else you can do.

We may look at it or not, and we may list it, or not.

crowbar, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends how much you pay. :rolleyes::D

gworld, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  12. makrhod

makrhod Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes yes so you keep saying, gworld, and you have repeatedly accused me of accepting payment and/or listing my own sites abusively.
    However, in light of your complete failure to produce the smallest piece of evidence to support these accusations, despite many weeks of being asked to do so by several people here, I'm afraid you have lost all your cherished status as an ODP oracle.
    I suggest finding another hobby unless you can support even one of your wild statements about me.

makrhod, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your presumed self importance is in your own mind. For me your existence is of no importance at all. It seems you are the type of person who desires attention above all which can possibly explain your involvement in DMOZ but you are of no consequence in my opinion and if you feel that my posts in regard to corruption among senior DMOZ editors is about you then either it is because of lack of self confidence, my posts hitting too close to home or your general desire to get some attention and make everything about you. I let you choose which suits you best but I have no time to waste on you. ;)

gworld, Jul 31, 2009 IP