1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Keep Your Government Hands Off My Medicare!"

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Zibblu, Jul 31, 2009.

Face Meet Palm!

Yes a voter actually said this at a recent town hall meeting (a Republican event of course.)

This is the kind of astounding ignorance and stupidity that those trying to reform our dysfunctional health care system is facing. The GOP/health insurance industry has been so effective at spreading their lies that there are millions of Americans now actively working against their own self interest.

Read this great op-ed by Paul Krugman.

What do we have to do to get people to understand that the current health insurance system only works for the extremely rich and the private health insurance industry?

What do we have to do to get people to understand that "government run health care" is not something to be afraid of. It's not some new idea. It's something that works extremely effectively (with better health care outcomes at lower cost) in countries all around the world!

It's frustrating that we must deal with such overwhelming ignorance and stupidity when trying to move this country forward, but that's what the state of America is today due to serious problem with our educational system.

A great example of this ignorance/stupidity is found in this poll. According to this poll only 42% of Republicans are convinced that the President of the United States was born in America. Seriously. SERIOUSLY!!?!!. That's like saying only 42% of the Republicans are convinced the earth rotates around the sun. These people just have no connection with reality.

The Republican party is nothing but a few rich elites and a bunch of mind numbingly ignorant morons who are on the outer fringes of our society. They must be left behind if we are to move forward. They are holding us back.

If the leadership of the GOP has any sense of what's right & wrong (and that's a huge if) then they must stop the insanity of trying to appeal to these lunatics. Let them loose.

Zibblu, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  2. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    He may have been talking in reference to the cuts and restrictions on the table. "His" Medicare is his Medicare policy that is probably subject to these cuts... maybe Medicare Advantage. If he's in denial of it being a government program or not, it likely has nothing to do with what he was meaning which was probably: "don't make cuts and restrictions to my Medicare policy". Maybe it's a stretch, but very possible though sure to be ignored by your one sided mind.

As for the Obama born in Hawaii or not, people conveniently believe what they want in cases as extreme as the 9-11 inside job theory. However, this one isn't as extreme considering his own grandmother said he wasn't born in Hawaii and people saying during that time all it took was one parental witness with a newborn to get a birth certificate. I dunno I wasn't there nor do I care. I think too many people are on the conspiracy side of things (just like you are with your screaming of how everyone is lying). I'm not convinced he was born in Hawaii, but I would say it's likely.

You really need to look at more than one side of things, it's a little whacko to be so extreme one sided ignoring all other possibilities.

Reseg, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  3. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Someone who doesn't know that our President was born in America saying I'm being a "little whacko." Yeah. OK. Good luck with that.

Two birth announcements in Hawaii the week after he was born. His birth certificate is available online for anyone to see. There's actually more evidence of Obama being born in America than there has been for any President in history.

GET. A. GRIP. ON. REALITY.

It's not being "fair & balanced" to pretend like every side has an equally resonsible argument. Some people are just flat out insane and full of crap and it does no service to rational argument to give such people any respect.

Also: "considering his own grandmother said he wasn't born in Hawaii" - the grandmother you speak of is his African grandmother who barely knew him. It's not that surprising that folks in Africa want to believe Obama was born there, but that's hardly evidence of anything. Certainly the grandmother that actually knew anything about Obama's childhood (the one that died last year and who actually lived in Hawaii) never made such a claim.

It's preposterous to take the quote of one woman who lives in a village in Africa over the overwhelming evidence that we can actually see (the two birth announcements in local Hawaii newspapers the week after he was born most impressively along with his birth certificate that is online for anyone to see.)

The fact that anyone is questioning where Obama was born after all of this is just racism, plain and simple. If he were white no one would be saying such nonsense. Every "Birther" needs to take a long look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves what really upsets them about President Obama.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    Zibblu, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  4. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    We've been telling him this for quite some time now and he doesn't get it. He has absolutely NO credibility here in this forum because he refuses to see there is more than one solution or side to things. He thinks Republicans are idiots and it will always be that way in his mind no matter what. The Democrats could make slavery legal again and he would agree with them every step of the way. He's that dedicated, or crazy.

Funny thing is, no matter how right he thinks himself to be, it's actually the most dangerous kind of thinking for America and what we stand for.

Firegirl, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  5. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    BS. I don't trust in the Democratic party. Much of the party is just as much bought off as the Republicans. It's basically a matter of being 50% right (Democrats) vs 0% right (Republicans.) The Democratic party is far from perfect, unfortunately there's no reasonable alternative in America today because the Republican party is bonkers.

Zibblu, Jul 31, 2009 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  6. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    You left out the part where his grandma said he was born in Kenya. Nothing whacko at all in taking her statement into consideration. I think he was probably born in the US as I said before, but am I convinced and 100% sure of it? nope. The only people I'm positive were born in the US were my kids because I witnessed it. As for everyone else with a birth certificate saying they were, I'll assume it's correct though it doesn't mean it is, especially if there are no witnesses, doctor, and their own grandmother says different lol. My point it, yes it's a conspiracy theory, but they're not saying they're convinced he was born in Kenya, just not convinced either way due to the facts on both sides which may lean toward US, but not rule out the other possibility.

I'm not convinced Bush didn't already know Iraq had no WMDs, while I think it's unlikely, there's an argument for both sides good enough to not rule either out 100%. I've been in the military with a secret clearance. I've known things that I've watched newspapers speculate about sometimes right sometimes wrong. The people who take into consideration all the facts and possibilities rating them by their likelyhood are usually pretty good with an analysis, the ones who hear and believe only what they want while trying to feed ammo and backing for their bias... are funny and very wrong with interesting stories. This would be YOU ;)

Reseg, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually I go to that later (in an edit - go up there and read it now) ... And there's EVERYTHING whacko about taking the word of a woman who can't speak English and lives in a small village in Africa and who Obama never met until he was an adult's word over the overwhelming evidence that the President was born in Hawaii. EVERYTHING is whacko about that. Absolutely everything. If you can't see that, seek help immediately.

Zibblu, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  8. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    My bad, didn't realize women from small villages in Africa couldn't be trusted at their word. Thanks for clearing that up.

BTW, I obviously didn't take her too serious or I wouldn't have said that I think it's likely he was born in the US. This probably means I'm taking the paper announcements and certificate over what she said... thanks for noticing.

Reseg, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  9. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Can't be trusted to know about things that happened with people she barely knows who live on the other side of the world. Good job completely missing the point.

BTW, Bill Maher brought up a good point tonight... How do we know that Sarah Palin graduated High School?! I want to see her original HS diploma! WHERE IS IT? Without it, I think it's safe to assume she never graduated from HS.

Zibblu, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  10. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    It was sarcasm and joking as you may notice I followed it up with saying I didn't take her very serious serious either.

Yeah GREAT point! An eligibility requirement for President of The United States of America in Article two, Section one, Paragraph five of the constitution says:
    If Palin runs for President, all we need to do is find where in the constitution is says to be eligible one must have a high school diploma. If you find it and one of her relatives says she doesn't really have one and nobody stands up to say they were there and saw it incl teachers and such, AND it's found that all you needed for the diploma during that time is a parent claiming she earned it... I will absolutely classify it in the same category of "questionable". But I still won't really care as I don't care about the Obama thing.

Reseg, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  11. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    This "Birther" nonsense has really derailed the real issue which is health care. "Birthers" are just too stupid to be reasoned with. Resq - you are now on ignore.

OK back to the adult conversation about health care reform: Health Care Reform Is Essential For The US Economy.

Zibblu, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  12. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait a minute, the thread is off topic so you ignore me? ROFL. I talked about 2 things in my post 1 being Obama's birth which was in the original post that started the thread BY ZIBBLU. The second was Palin's HS diploma in response to... again, ZIBBLU bringing it up in his thread. How have *I* taken it off topic by addressing these things? Since it's Zibblu's thread, he's allowed to take jabs on topics other than healthcare but nobody can address them?

Amazing. Can anyone tell me a single thing I said that was off Zibblu's topic points? Did I maybe make him think about another side of things and he couldn't handle it?

Reseg, Aug 1, 2009 IP