1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Angela's Links - Are they worth it?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by bigcat1967, Jul 28, 2009.

Just wondering if anyone has used Angela's links before? If so, are they worth it? There's other ppl going nuts on another forum, swearing up and down that this package is working for them...

bigcat1967, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  2. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    It is only $5 so there is no loss if it doesn't. I tried it with a smaller website my company has to do some testing and I didn't see much movement. The problem is I noticed by going back to a past month on her service to try it with another site and most of the websites remove the content and mark it as spam. I would have to do more testing on it but I never saw a huge jump.

primeelite, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  3. pwebbiz

pwebbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used it a few months (hers + PJ's) and never saw a huge noticeable jump. My *gut* feeling is that if I stick with it the process will pay off but as a short term strategy it's not all that effective.

pwebbiz, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  4. ramprop11

ramprop11 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is effective and could see immediate results but you have to continue the marketing to maintain the rankings.

ramprop11, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  5. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    Automated linking = footprint = Google penalty eventually.

thefandango, Jul 29, 2009 IP
    Dan Schulz likes this.
  6. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i am still waiting for mine to take effect

who is angela anyway ?

indyguidedotinfo, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  7. AutoFly

AutoFly Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think is all that effective but you will get some good backlinks.

AutoFly, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  8. elavenil

elavenil Peon

Best Answers:
    it is effective for niche with low competition, i personally seen some of my clients got first page

elavenil, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  9. rvsdi

rvsdi Peon

Best Answers:
    how to check Angle link have been indexed by google?

rvsdi, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  10. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never heard of it before, but this comment tells me everything I need to hear.

No, it's not effective. If you're going to waste $5 (or however much it is), you'll be far better off getting some directory and blog comment links.

Of course, anybody who knows me (or has seen me on SitePoint) will tell you that I have a LOW opinion of those types of links to begin with. Which is why I tell people to get merit-based links instead.

Dan Schulz, Jul 29, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  11. Gene2009

Gene2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    I did use those but I wasn't able to get enough backlinks.. There are sites where my url was removed and I don't know why.. Some also require that your url be related to their site just like the site about books.. Angela's recommended sites are strict so it would not be that easy to get backlinks..

Gene2009, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  12. jazzcho

jazzcho Peon

Best Answers:
    It has a SMALL benefit. Look for links that are on high PR PAGES not links on 0 PR pages and high PR domains.

jazzcho, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  13. drywall8

drywall8 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. .01 or 5 dollars, don't waste your money. money is always money.

drywall8, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  14. livewithrichard

livewithrichard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Angela's links and I'm seeing a boost for the sites I'm promoting. I've only just started with her July package but every link is a good one and very good instructions on how and where to place them. Nothing under a PR5 in her package. It's still too early to make any real judgements but I'm going to continue with it as well as with my other linking strategies, blog posts, article submissions, active in forums, wikis, etc...

livewithrichard, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  15. SabQat

SabQat Peon

Best Answers:
    it's good to have.

SabQat, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  16. guniwan

guniwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not good to Spam authority sites with useless info. If its did by few people, then it might be worthed, but oif thousand people spamming on same sites list, then I am sure its just waste a time.

guniwan, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  17. JustWorth

JustWorth Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the people look for the quick and dirty approach. If all you're going to do is create profile, add your link and then forget about it - no, it doesn't work. Chances are, many of these will get flagged or deleted; and even those which don't, won't add too much value.

Like any other link building approach, you NEED to figure out how you're going to add value - and get back value. Yes, there's a bunch of 30 sites in each packet. Not all 30 are directly relevant to your niche; and while unrelated backlinks are ok, they aren't as good as relevant backlinks.

Second, just because you've put in your backlink in your profile, on a high ranked site, it doesn't mean google is going to index it anyway. For starters, these are huge sites with thousands of members / visitors, all adding content daily; those are going to be ranked higher than your solitary spam style link. Eventually, yes; Google or other search bots will get around to it; but if they don't see it frequently enough, this won't be ranked highly anyway.

Instead, figure out how you can add value. Join the discussions, or post your contributions; make sure your profile is getting visible. When you've done a bunch of reasonably good additions, bookmark these; or even, bookmark your profile page. Get friends to join in and do the same; and reciprocate.

There's a lot more possible with this; think smart, long term, and build your profile.

If you've taken the sensible approach, you'll get rich rewards from this strategy over time.

If you take the quick and dirty route - all you get is muck.

JustWorth, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  18. clubJWP

clubJWP Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have used angela edwards link package personally. the method which angela has prescribed in them is good, but it works way too slow. the way angela said that all you need to do is put a link in the profile and let it do wonders for you is something i dont agree with. wen i first used the links nothing happened, then i tried working on it myself. i after following her instruction started participating in blogs, communities and guest comments etc for few days... after that my site was picked up by crawler. if you think just inserting your anchor text and URL would work, you are mistaken

clubJWP, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  19. som3on3

som3on3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    never used it, i will check it out.

som3on3, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  20. meltinmag

meltinmag Peon

Best Answers:
    I signed up for the Angela Edwards links on July 31st and so got the July and August links, which I've used for a number of my sites. It's almost been 2 weeks now and I've started to see some results. I haven't done any other type of SEO or link building since and the only thing I've done on these sites is add new content.

I added links for Yoomost.com, with the anchor text "online money earning". I was ranking around 18 for this keyword, at the time. As of today, I'm appearing around position 5.

I also added links for Trippedoff.com, notably a site that is currently being PR penalized by Google. The site was ranking position 24, it jumped to 16 and is now back at 24.

I've also added some links for some brand new sites that aren't in the top 100, and haven't seen any changes to them yet but I expect these to take longer.

I'm still feeling quite positive about this method. I'll come back to you when I achieve position 1!

meltinmag, Aug 12, 2009 IP