1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Little Rant..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by subtle, Jul 31, 2009.

First of all I hope this is the right section to put this...

Ok so im at work, finishing in 30 mins and I have some spare time so I decide to click on to DP and have a quick browse at the Buy/Sell/Trade graphic contests as I always find them interesting.

Anyway I have held many logo contests in that section and I think its great but I am sick to death of those little bloody 'peons' entering into these competitions that just.......... suck. I dont know where the hell these people come from but...... I just dont see how some of these guys reckon they have a chance of winning up against some great designers who do this sort of stuff for a living. It is frustrating to watch, especially when they wonder why they dont win? And are critical about other peoples designs..

Ok so ill give you an example. Um... Ok so there is a logo contest that I am looking at now for a website for some ear condition...thing. And im seeing some cool little logos, there is some talent here... and then I come across this..

[​IMG]

and better yet...

[​IMG]

Sooner or later these people have to realise they dont have any talent are see that people wont pay up to $100 for someone to copy/paste then scribble in paint?

Oh well ... just my 2 cents for the day

subtle, Jul 31, 2009 IP
    Kerosene likes this.
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    That's fkn awesome. That first one deserves some kind of award. The green wings around "CURES" are a great touch.

Speaking of tinnitus, I've got it (spent the 90s doing live/studio audio engineering). It's annoying, especially when I'm in the country and there's no traffic hum to cover up the silence.

Kerosene, Jul 31, 2009 IP