1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is more valuable backlink-From Dofollow Blog or Dofollow Forum?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by 5530xm, Jul 30, 2009.

I'm confused between blog commenting and forum posting.Many people say that forum posting is not so useful as the pagerank of most of the pages in forum is Zero so it doesn't help much.Is it true?

5530xm, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  2. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would make sure your backlinks is from a relevant site first. Then, it sort of depends on the PR of the forum or blog.

bigcat1967, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  3. findonline

findonline Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried both and it seems like forum posts stick more than blog posts in backlink count, but that is just my experience.

findonline, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  4. hurn1

hurn1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Approved dofollow have more value than the forum posting. because when your thread goes down no value from that signature.

hurn1, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  5. Italianhawk

Italianhawk Member

Best Answers:
    Not to mention blogs are more optimized. Site Maps are more likely to be found on blogs ensuring easier access to all the links.

Italianhawk, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  6. mirisaamali

mirisaamali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Either of them give you value. What matters is backlink from a relevant content, irrespective of whether its blog or forum.

mirisaamali, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  7. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    They're both basically worthless unless you're targeting the least competitive of keywords out there (the ones that I give a "strength of competition" score of 0-5 if you're wondering). But even then you'll need a lot of posts to make those signature links worth anything.

The same goes with blog comments - many of which have the rel="nofollow" attributeon them and won't pass any PageRank or other value to your page/site in the first place.

Remember, not only are you competing against other bloggers/forum members, but also their links and the other links on the page as well. If a page with an actual PR of 0.2797420424 (for example, note I said ACTUAL, not TOOLBAR PageRank) has to split that PR among 50 or even 100 links - with all of them being followable normally - then you're not going to get much of anything of value to begin with.

"But Dan, what about high PR blogs/forums?" Oh, you mean the home pages? Worthless, since the comments/signature links won't appear on the home page at all.

Look, you want to get links from blogs and forums, fine. I'm cool with that. BUt don't go about hitting the comments and forum signatures with your links. Contact the blog owner and ask him/her if they're accepting guest posts. Do the same with the forum owner if they have an article section on the main site. If they do, and they let you write for them, not only will you have far stronger links pointing back to your site (and the PR that passes from the pages that link to the article/guest blog post being sent to you in a pretty package with a beautiful bow tie ribbon on it), but you'll also have EVERYONE looking at you.

Nothing beats a captive audience, right? (Oh, and did I mention that captive audiences are more likely to link directly to you as well?)

Dan Schulz, Jul 30, 2009 IP
    splendidboy likes this.
  8. Luc

Luc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this down to earth comment, Dan. But what you propose involves work, doesn't it? :) I have the impression that most people are looking for an easy way.

Luc, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  9. AutoTerminal

AutoTerminal Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the page rank of the site. If the forum site has higher PR and very popular then it is better than do follow blogs

AutoTerminal, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  10. SabQat

SabQat Peon

Best Answers:
    if both have same ranking then blog is better as there are too many links on forum,

SabQat, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  11. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there is no such thing as a free lunch, right? Besides, if you're going to make a few blog comments and forum posts for essentially nothing, why not expend the same amount of energy to contact a couple blog/forum owners and ask them if you can write for them?

Dan Schulz, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  12. Promoman

Promoman Active Member

Best Answers:
    does not hurt to write your own blog(s), but careful on the spamatude.

Promoman, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  13. rkbehera1

rkbehera1 Peon

Best Answers:
    What is spamatude? what are its importance in backlinks and blogging?

rkbehera1, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  14. seo.vijay

seo.vijay Member

Best Answers:
    i think forum is more beneficial.

seo.vijay, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  15. lynnli

lynnli Guest

Best Answers:
    It will depend on your keywords or comments of your post and blog .If it's attractive,just a post is enough to work,or even a long blog ,there will little sound effects.

lynnli, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  16. theentry

theentry Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on way too many factor. But I still like getting backlinks from blogs more!

theentry, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  17. onkelmicha

onkelmicha Peon

Best Answers:
    I like blog comments way better then profile links

onkelmicha, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  18. nich0las

nich0las Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm fed up with spam comments on my blogs.

Please only submit genuine comments not "I visted your blog and i found it really helpful. My website is www.blahblahblah!

nich0las, Oct 8, 2010 IP