1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

critic my link building strategy

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by cheezile, Jul 30, 2009.

hey all, i'm pretty new at web building and seo, so i wanted to run my idea by everyone here to see what you all thought. I currently have 6 articles written related to my niche, so i plan on using social bookmarking websites and article directories to then link all back to my main site. This is what i had planned out
    Social bookmarking sites with links to all my articles that i placed in article directories.
    Each article in the directories would then be linked to the reciprocal article that i have placed in ezinearticles.com
    Finally, i'm going to link my ezinearticles to my main page.
    How does this sound for a link building strategy? Should I do anything different or incorporate any other methods to build up the links?

cheezile, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  2. ujar

ujar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The same question goes for me...

ujar, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  3. Vigor

Vigor Peon

Best Answers:
    Have all the articles linking back to your site as well as the ezine articles that link back to ur site.

Vigor, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  4. ifixas

ifixas Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm, just wait and you should see are your strategy is successful. I'm intressted too.

ifixas, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  5. hurn1

hurn1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to your strategy i want to explain few points

1. You will not get traffic from this method because your all links go to Ezine.
    2.Your pagerank not increase because all backlinks go to Ezine article
    3. Advantage is your ezine article get lot of traffic then it will index before your site then you can get lot of traffic.

Suggestions

1. Use high pagerank article directories and submit your article if you can spin article.
    2.One link to your site and another link to Ezine article
    3. Do socailbookmarking
    4. Get approved blog comments(around 10) in high PR sites no need to consider about niche that i will tell with my experience.

hurn1, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  6. cheezile

cheezile Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry let me rephrase, i mean all my ezine articles will have a link to my main page

7. yasen1986

yasen1986 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can put your link on your signature, i think this way will also help increasing more traffic

yasen1986, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  8. cheezile

cheezile Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, i wanted to but i don't have enough posts yet :(

9. GridIron

GridIron Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting strategy tell us it it works.

GridIron, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  10. drywall8

drywall8 Peon

Best Answers:
    traffic will only trickle in unless your articles are amazing. you might have to go for bigger strategies if you want to see results quicker.

drywall8, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  11. Fantasyguy

Fantasyguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Always link back to your site from whatever you are working on, this is an easy way to gain free traffic and make sure your site gets crawled often.

Fantasyguy, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  12. anotherposter

anotherposter Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never totally understood the method of social bookmarking...noobie..totally...:(

anotherposter, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  13. cheezile

cheezile Peon

Best Answers:

What would a good strategy be?

14. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you trying to ranked higher in the SERPs or you just going for direct traffic?

bigcat1967, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  15. jamesww

jamesww Peon

Best Answers:
    Your linking strategy is not bad per se. One very large problem I see with it is there is so little juice that flows from the social bookmarking and social article sites unless the article is amazing. I say this because you need lots of votes for your article to get it on pages closer to the front of sites like Digg before it passes much juice. If you do not get alot of juice to your ezine article so that you get a higher PR backlink then you will end up with the ezine artilcle ranking well for the niche. I am sure you want your own site to rank well for your niche. Just my two cents.

If you think the articles are excellent and will be picked up by many sites that will leave your links and you will get a reasonable number of natural votes on social sites it could be a fantastic plan. One thing to remember though you need to make sure that you vary the anchor text on the articles. Good Luck!

jamesww, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  16. cheezile

cheezile Peon

Best Answers:
    i want to just rank better for my keywords basically i have a ppc offer running, and i want to get organic traffic as well. what would be a better strategy then? should i just post comments, make articles? would linking all the links together not work better?

edit: also i was thinking of somehow adding blogs to this, i have about 50 articles but it's only about 3 original articles spun many times, so i was thinking about making a blog posting an article or two and then linking my keywords in the blog, and then link those blogs to my website?

17. incomesinternational.com

incomesinternational.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going to take a different tact on this one and suggest you first decide what your objective is. Do you want to drive traffic to your site or to your articles? Are you trying to get traffic to flow from your articles to your site via the search engines or are you trying to get traffic from search engines directly to your site.

Depending on your objective the answer is going to be different. Let me also add that if you want to see any results a total of 6 articles is not going to be anywhere near enough. Bum marketing relies on volume as well as keyword rich content.

Scenario 1: Objective; push article up the SERPs and drive traffic to your site via articles.
    To get results from this you'll want to submit about 5 keyword targeted articles a day. Use a main article at ezine article (it carries the most SERP weight) and once approved submit the same article to as many other directories as you can. The difference is that the main article has a link back to your site but the rest point to your article at EZA. Why do this? Because EZA gets the most traffic, sends the most traffic and has the highest authority. The other directories are most likely not going to send you any traffic at all but they can increase your SERP for your main article and get it to #1 spot. Your main article then drives whatever traffic you get to your site. Not much link juice for your site though. Still it's very effective if you want to promote via bum marketing particularly for affiliate products on review sites.

Scenario 2: Objective; push site up the SERPs and drive traffic directly to your site.
    Same deal, you need to be submitting about 5 keyword rich articles a day to each of the directories. This time though each of the articles should be spun a little so that the content appears unique or else the effect is lost. If you don't spin the articles then all your articles end up in the supplementary index and are not helping you very much. This one takes a lot more work but will get your site ranked rather than your articles.

There are a lot of other different strategies as well but I can't be bothered going through them all. Take what you can from this and throw the rest away. Just think it through. It really isn't rocket science if you spend some time to think it through but bum marketing does take a lot of work (which is why I don't do it myself ) if you don't outsource it. If you want to see any real results your going to need 10x the number of articles that you have got now.

18. cheezile

cheezile Peon

Best Answers:
    ok i think i'll go with option number one, basically my site has an affiliate product on it so i want to drive organic traffic there so i can get some free traffic other than from advertising

19. incomesinternational.com

incomesinternational.com Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO that's the best choice if you're doing affiliate sales but I wouldn't try direct linking. I'd build a review page first and point the main article to the review site.

Also if you feel like 60-100 articles is too much to write on your own (I know I could and wouldn't do it) there are plenty of people on DP that will write them all for you but you'll have to spend some money to get it done. Just check them out first and make sure they can write articles that will get approved by eza the first time round. That means perfect english, perfect grammar, compliant titles and resource boxes and also make sure that they have the ability to write 100 unique articles about the same topic/product.

Finally make sure they don't use article spinners and then charge for that. If your going to pay for it then it should be written by a human being. Besides almost all article spinners will produce junk so that part is important.

I should be charging for this information. Who wants to pay me to coach them :D I'll take donations as well via PayPal.

20. cheezile

cheezile Peon

Best Answers:
    cool thank you, but ya i have a review site for 3 affililate products i'm promoting and i would link the articles to that site
    edit: should my articles on directories other than ezine only point towards ezine articles or eza and my site? thanks again man some great info!!
    edit again: also i'm assuming I should do articles targeting very long tail keywords? and then just spin them myself, or rewrite content to an extent for another keyword?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009