1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Study - Hard Work vs. Copy n' Paste

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by r3dt@rget, Jul 29, 2009.

A recent thread on DigitalPoint inspired me to do a little experiment to see whether good ol' fashion hard work will win in the short term vs. the easy way out. Who exactly are the opponents?

Hey Everyone, I'm Hard Work!

In terms of SEO you can play it right. The usual stuff. Unique content, link building, social networking, article/link directories, title/meta tags, keyword optimizing, etc. The list goes on. That is the true and proven method to getting your better ranks and more traffic. This is the hard work method. As the name implies, its hard work and not for the weak.

Hello, I Am Copy N' Paste

Its opponent, the copy n' paste method, as I like to refer to it, is the easy way out. Instead of writing unique content this method calls for you to simply copy other articles from around the web and blog them to your site. Not just a few articles, but hundreds. No link building, no article submissions, just tons of content in a short period of time. There are more "easy way out" methods to choose from, but a particular post on DP inspired me to use this copy n' paste method.

What The Heck Is The Point?

I want to see which site does the best in a short period of time. Which one will get more traffic? Which one will be indexed faster? Which one will be at the top of the rankings faster? Both sites are targeting small, non-competitive keywords that involve high paying niches. Its sub-niching. Both sites are brand new, no links starting out, no content, just a domain. The domains are both pretty good, containing the main focus keyword.

Please note, the niches, URL's, or any info that will give away the actual sites WILL NOT BE GIVEN. This is simply something to observe and I will tell you the honest truth about everything. You just wont actually know what the sites are!

We All Know The Winner... Right?

The old fashion method should win right? I mean come on, its unique articles, all the seo stuff, and backlinks too. It is sure to beat its competitor, who's only advantage is going to be the shear number of articles about the topic. So you are sure that hard work is going to win?

I don't know, and thats why I am doing this. I saw a post saying that I could make $20 a day within a few months by doing the easy method. Well I wanted to try it, and now you can follow me and track the progress.

Check Back To Stay Updated

Go ahead and subscribe to this thread and view my progress. Here is what is going on so far:

Hard Work - domain created last week, 100 directory submissions, over 10 unique articles submitted to multiple article directories, wordpress blog, seo plugins, title/meta optimized, all articles Dugg, Stumbled, etc.

• Already indexed into google
    • Search positions on 9 low competition (hardly any searches/month) keywords - top 10 or better results
    • its too early to see backlinks, so none yet

Copy n' Paste - Over 25 copied articles so far, adding about 5-10 per day from now on. Wordpress blog, seo plugin, no other SEO done. Nothing else done, just going to post more articles everyday.

• Already indexed in google
    • Positions in google for 3 low competition/search volume keywords
    • too early for any other information

So as you can see, both sites were indexed extremely fast, and both now have search results in google for very low keywords. Hardly any traffic for either. I would say they are tied right now. Look for an update next week!

Thanks for reading. If you have any suggestions to add please feel free.

r3dt@rget, Jul 29, 2009 IP
    jitendraag likes this.
  2. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what about getting backlinks? and domain names?

ChrisBa, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  3. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The backlinks are only done for the Hard Work site, and I am working on those too. The domain names were registered last week. The sites were setup around the same time a week ago.

r3dt@rget, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  4. stephen082

stephen082 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So till now Copy n Paste method is leading with #3 rankings. :D Nice to see this. :D

stephen082, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  5. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    May I ask.. Is there a tool to generate automated articles from article submission sites? are you copying the exact article or do you re-write them?

JessieJames27, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  6. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is probably some tool out there for that. I am simply copying the exact article, and changing the title to include more of my keywords.

stephen082, Cn'P (short version) has three keywords for google search, but Hard Work has 9, so it is in the lead. Also has more traffic. The reason for more traffic is because of the directories, which Cn'P does not have.

I looked today and there are some more search terms for each site, and I got two pingbacks from two sites for Cn'P. I checked them out and that is 2 backlinks with decent anchor text. So my copied articles are being used lol :)

So far this has been interesting for me. Continue to ask questions if you have them. Thanks

r3dt@rget, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  7. stephen082

stephen082 Active Member

Best Answers:
    By any method , Plz make Cn'P method a winner so that I never have to work hard in future on my SEO ventures :D:D Plzzzz :p

stephen082, Jul 30, 2009 IP
    lycos likes this.
  8. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Update:

For Hard Work method, I am now position #3 in google search for my main targeted keyword, with only 18 backlinks and around 15 unique articles, all submitted to article directories. The targeted keyword is averaging 1000+ searches per month, but I am seeing none of that traffic right now sitting at #3. Hopefully with a few more articles and backlinks I can jump to #1 spot and start getting some decent baseline traffic, then move to other keywords.

As for the CnP method, I am continuing to get a lot of pingbacks for my posts, from lots of different sites. This is the only good news, still more and more search terms that I am being ranked for, but none of them provide significant traffic. Ill be working on 50+ articles this week.

r3dt@rget, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  9. Klutze

Klutze Peon

Best Answers:
    hah, interesting test.... can't wait to see how things pan out!

Klutze, Aug 4, 2009 IP