1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic from BING increasing daily

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Tom Thumb, Jul 23, 2009.

1. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    So you'll feel better about arranging your site according to Bing's liking instead?
    Good luck in that small pond. Most of us would rather be where the customer's are, and that's Google.

drhowarddrfine, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  2. ezcat

ezcat Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I would SEO for Bing cause it suits me, but don't under estimate the size of that small pond my friend. There's plenty of good clicks coming from that pond. But you continue playing with Google... I'm already seeing positive results and even tho SEO tactics for Bing are a no-no with Google, they haven't seemed to care. I'm still #1 on Google for most of my sites with the chosen keywords but now I'm #1 on Bing too...

ezcat, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  3. yonatan

yonatan Banned

Best Answers:
    got some nice bing traffic also

yonatan, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  4. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't really seen much of an increase over traffic from Live. Hopefully, with the alliance with Yahoo, I'll see more traffic from them. But until they get a much bigger slice of the SE market I'll not worry about doing SEO for Bing.

qazu, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  5. ezcat

ezcat Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing seems to be more old school and tactics used back in the early days(90's) they seem to like, well at least they don't ban you for it. Google's a bit touchy and I've grown tired of them. I never did anything black hat but these days Google considers most web promoters to be black hat. I never hid links and the thought I'd be penalized for linking to another of my sites would have never have crossed my mind. I've been doing this many years and Google's TOS has always been my procedure. I think they are getting a bit crazy with the power they have to make or break us. We are the internet, without us there would be no internet! Google needs to take stock of this. I'm not speaking of the spammers and I'm sure Google bases a lot of they're attitude that direction, but there are honest webmasters who are getting the crap beat out of them by this tyrant!
    It's one thing to penalize your site but totally another for them to not explain why. Try and get an answer from them... Best you'll get is a general beat around the bush.

ezcat, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  6. bbob

bbob Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't seen much traffic from bing 95% still through google.

bbob, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  7. Danny Diamond

Danny Diamond Member

Best Answers:
    I really hope it takes off.

Currently my forum is ranking 4th overall for the term "Wrestling". It's pretty mind boggling.

Danny Diamond, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  8. easy_affiliate

easy_affiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    Nearly all my traffic still comes from google, but I am getting more from bing than yahoo.

easy_affiliate, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  9. xAlexKimx

xAlexKimx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BING and Yahoo now are partners up.

xAlexKimx, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  10. bravo404

bravo404 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad to hear stories like this about people getting tons of traffic from bing. As for me, all my traffic comes from Bing, and when i say all, i literally means every single last person. I'm not penalized in GOogle or anthing, my site is just new.

bravo404, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  11. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    See, that's my point. Bing is like a dumpster diver getting all the sites that can't rank well on Google. And the reason they don't rank well is no one wants to visit them. If the site was worthwhile, it would show up in Google and rank better.

So maybe Bing is worthwhile for all you people who can't get noticed at the big Google store, you can open your little kool-aid stand down the street at Bing.

drhowarddrfine, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  12. NatashaMe

NatashaMe Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here.. Bing is now on my third list...
    Well, to the original thread answer, good you are increasing your traffic from
    Bing.. Cheers....:D

NatashaMe, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  13. sylv3rblade

sylv3rblade Peon

Best Answers:
    No. Bing is replacing yahoo search. And it's microsoft and yahoo that's partnering up :D

sylv3rblade, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  14. niche4u

niche4u Member

Best Answers:
    bing's algorithm is quite different from google.

niche4u, Jul 29, 2009 IP