1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Posting on year old threads

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by CLS1321, Jul 28, 2009.

ehh, I might be alone on this but It personally frustrates me sometimes so I'm just going to throw this out there.

on these forums over the past few weeks I've seen more and more people posting and bumping year or even two year old threads to the front page. Generally it is typical forum etiquette to not post/bump threads that are over say 100 days old. Information and news that was being passed around and discussed a year or two years ago is completely different then than it is now.

so I am sure nobody will listen but for those who just didn't know, my typical rule of thumb so to say is that I would never be the one to bump a thread that is over 100 days old, unless it is already on the first page anyways.

either way maybe I'm just weird and letting this annoy me more than it should =P just figured I'd throw that out there.

CLS1321, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  2. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree there dude. It pains me to see how badly the Adsense sub-forum has turned these days. It's just a cesspit with dated threads and endless fluff. If a Google rep came here today they'd laugh at half the stuff that gets posted.

Ryan6, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  3. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't get why people get so bent out of shape about this. Old replies have old dates, new replies have new dates. It's not rocket science.

To me it seems that if someone wants to continue a discussion that's been dormant for a year or two, it makes sense to do it in the topic that already exists rather than starting a new one. At least this way there's more context and history available.

SmallPotatoes, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  4. Pendragon

Pendragon Peon

Best Answers:
    Another thing to consider is the way people are asked to use the forum.

We are always encouraged to search for threads on particular subjects before starting a new one. If I do a search and come up with a thread that fits the search criteria, I rarely look at the dates. If the thread covers the subject, I'd assume it's better to ad to the thread (keeping everything in one place) before starting a new one.

Also, what might be old information to some users might just be useful to newer users.

Besides. Starting a new one often gets shot down with replies like: "this subject has been done before, learn to use the search feature before posting". You just can't win.

Pendragon, Jul 29, 2009 IP