1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

less adsense ads = higher amount per click?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by MyFishTankNet, Aug 3, 2006.

hello -

i forgot where i was reading (somewhere in DP) that someone stated that putting the max amount of adsense ads on one page would "dilute" the amount each click could be worth?

just wanted to get your thoughts on that...

thanks in advanced!

MyFishTankNet, Aug 3, 2006 IP
  2. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    They fill the ads with the highest paying advertisers first, so filling a page with ads can definitely lead to lower conversions. If people tend to click on the last ad on the page then you are likely missing out on some cash. Place different ads in different locations and use channel tracking to find the best performing placement. Then remove the low CTR ads to maximize earnings. just my .02

1EightT, Aug 3, 2006 IP
    Black_Hand likes this.
  3. Black_Hand

Black_Hand Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with 1EightT.

Black_Hand, Aug 3, 2006 IP
  4. jamcon

jamcon Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely stick with the "less is more" approach. One, possibly two well-placed ads will definitely yield more. If nothing else, it will make your site look less like an MFA and engender the trust of visitors.

jamcon, Aug 3, 2006 IP
  5. Greenthorn

Greenthorn Guest

Best Answers:
    I also agree with the "less is more" approach. I'm working on a new site that I believe will be a nice niche. I'm putting one simple adsense block in the text of each page. I want this site to have credibility and not look like an MFA site.

Greenthorn, Aug 3, 2006 IP
  6. mooiness

mooiness Peon

Best Answers:
    And watch where the adsense code is situated in your page's HTML/PHP. The first adsense occurence in the HTML/PHP will be populated with the highest paying ads.

Some ppl confuse this with where the ad appears when it is rendered.

mooiness, Aug 3, 2006 IP