1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get traffic from Google to my blog?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TaTeTu, Jul 26, 2009.

Hello,

I have a blog in spanish (about hair loss and alopecia). I write 48 unique articles (with 500 words minimun) but i not received traffic from Google (only 5-10 visits per day).

The content is helpfull and original, and blog is indexed in Google (all posts)

I build backlinks (4 PR5, 3 PR4, 12 PR3 and 7 PR2 backlinks). My blog have 1 month old.

How can i get 100-200 uniques per day from Google???

Help me please.:)

TaTeTu, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  2. cosminx2003

cosminx2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your niche is very competitive and it's very hard to rank for top positions in Google.
    The key is optimising your articles for related long tail keywords that are less competitive so there should be easier for you to rank in top positions in a short time, you should try this tool : https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal to get related keywords.

cosminx2003, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  3. TaTeTu

TaTeTu Active Member

Best Answers:
    But in spanish not is very competitive. My blog is in spanish language.:)

TaTeTu, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  4. mdvaden

mdvaden Active Member

Best Answers:
    You know what these kinds of posts remind me of? 1800s gold mining in California. Thousands rushed to get rich. But the mines were limited resources.

Google won't run dry, but web traffic is a limited resource. If the number of websites doubles, then the only clear answer is that the average site will get 1/2 the visits.

If the number of sites quadruples, the average site will get but 1/4 the visits compared to years past. So realistically, new website owners need to expect less and less traffic each year as a new site begins.

You can increase the number of visits, but dont' forget to be realistic about the limited resource of web traffic.

mdvaden, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  5. cosminx2003

cosminx2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The number of visitors seems to increase each year as well.

cosminx2003, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  6. mdvaden

mdvaden Active Member

Best Answers:
    At least in my niche, nor proportionately. For others though, it might multiply. But those don't at all seem to be the norm.

In the past 5 years, I think my trade - trees & landscape - has seen an increase of about 8 times the websites. And a population growth locally of about 5%. The web traffic seems to have doubled at most.

mdvaden, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  7. onlinewebcreater

onlinewebcreater Peon

Best Answers:
    if you would like to get traffic by google search engine then you should get some less competitive words and try to put these keywords in your blog titles because by caching these post you will get ranking easily. Once you would be able to get good ranking then you will get good number of quality visitors and this is necessary because it is very easy to get visitors but very tough to get quality visitors.

onlinewebcreater, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  8. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you wait for sometime. Sometime is needed before a site is ranked good in SERPs.

Meanwhile, keep adding useful content and try to get some more quality backlinks.

angilina, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  9. clades

clades Peon

Best Answers:
    Give it up, its impossible unless you actually put your own money on the table...
    Get some 100,000 dollars and go play with adwords...

clades, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  10. Lufern

Lufern Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah If your niche is so competitive then you will really
    find it hard to get traffic.. Well one thing you have to do is to promote it first
    until it gets the 1st page in Google then if you did it.. Regular updates must be taken actions
    then there you could get traffic...

Lufern, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  11. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    keep building links and add content daily! sooner or later you should grow in popularity ;)

ChrisBa, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  12. hockeychick

hockeychick Peon

Best Answers:
    all the guys have mentioned that your keyword are competitive and the juice u coud get is relatively samll
    but u have one advantage --ur blogs are spansih then it is where u should work on

hockeychick, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  13. hockeychick

hockeychick Peon

Best Answers:
    u do know the google has different search result for different locations, right?
    so maybe u could set the googel geo to spanish people located area
    hope help

hockeychick, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  14. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Those are way too high backlinks for a month old blog.
    I'd suggest you to wait for atleast 5~6 months before you go for any link building.

Abhik, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  15. Professional Dude

Professional Dude Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would say use keywords and try getting backlinks to them, but updating content really helps.

Professional Dude, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  16. Label Printers

Label Printers Peon

Best Answers:
    I think submit your blog to blog directories, rss submissions and Google translator is good for your blog and try to link exchange with relevant blogs.

Label Printers, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  17. JV_Nick

JV_Nick Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you shoule set the title so that Google can find you and flack your blog to improve the visits

JV_Nick, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  18. bravo404

bravo404 Peon

Best Answers:
    As others have stated, your niche is very competitive and it'll be very difficult to receive any traffic from Google until about 5 months from now. For now though, you can concentrate on trying to get traffic from Bing and Yahoo.

bravo404, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  19. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey party girls! Based on the fact that I have neither the web address or age of your site I will give the following advice . To get traffic to your blog you should create one high quality high quality written blog post per benifit of your product. Title your blog posts using keywords that will bring traffic from the search engines. Submit each blog post to reddit, digg, and fark. Join some forums about your product market and include each benifit in your signature links. :cool:

MarketExpert, Jul 29, 2009 IP