1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Somebody plagiarized my article. What can I do?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by TBBucs, Jul 28, 2009.

I wrote an article for an affiliate site of mine, and a few days later I found it on someone else's blog. He spun it (albeit very poorly) so it isn't identical, but it is easily recognizable as mine. Same phrases, same content, same structure, just slightly reworded. What's worse is that his version of the article outranks mine in the targeted keyword.

How do I handle this? He doesn't have any contact information on his website, and it appears that all of his articles were acquired this way. He attempts to make it seem like he wrote them over a period of time, as he claims that the article he stole from me was written at the end of 2008, even though I just wrote it two weeks ago...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TBBucs, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  2. sachmoman88

sachmoman88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do a whois search on the domain and then attempt to contact him through the details given. If he has withdrawn his details, you should still have details of the hosting company, thus you can contact them.

http://www.whois.net/

Good luck, hope this helps!

sachmoman88, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  3. AC-Coach

AC-Coach Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips Sachmoman88...I'm have the same problem as the OP, so this info was a great help

Thanks much!

AC-Coach, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  4. willybfriendly

willybfriendly Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't waste your time on him. tracert the site to identify the host, and then go straight to the host with a DMCA complaint. Shut the site down.

I have little use for content thieves, and have spent far too much time dealing with them and their excuses and lies.

Once you have had a site unexpectedly shut down you will be far more careful about where you steal from...

willybfriendly, Jul 28, 2009 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Qryztufre, Jul 28, 2009 IP