1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Twitter PR Last Today

Discussion in 'SEO' started by john mattew, Jul 27, 2009.

Hi all,

Previously my Twitter http://twitter.com/s_manickam pagerank was 0,today it not there.I am updating daily on SEO updates in this twitter.Please anybody help me why its occurs.

john mattew, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  2. Convert RSS to PHP

Convert RSS to PHP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Manickam, I don’t “really” know anything about SEO. What I do know is the folks at Google and other big search engines are just human beings like us who have created and constantly tweak the search algorithms. Their goal is to give us what we want when searching, the best possible websites relevant to what we are searching for.

So let’s set aside all the fancy technical stuff and just use some good ol’ common sense.

1. Does this page have a good amount of honest information on it about the subject?

This is, by far, the most important one by my standards. I deal with businesses all the time that want to rank higher in search engines but then don’t provide any content. If you want to be the #1 search result for “ergonomic loafers”, you better start working on a bunch of written content about ergonomic loafers. Good, honest content. Not bullsh*t marketing mumbo jumbo and not keyword-soup. You need research, what they are, why they are good, where you can buy them, every last bit of expert knowledge about ergonomic loafers you can squeeze.

2. Is the information on your twitter.com/s_manickam page well structured in the markup?

Let’s not get too technical here, but just focus on the common sense. When you “view source”, is the good content stuff right up near the top, or is it buried way down below a bunch of other non-related stuff? Are the important headers in <h1> tags? Is the title for the page something that makes sense?

3. There aren’t any stupid cheap “tricks”

Did your buddy tell you that you should put “paris hilton boobs” in white text on a white background at the bottom of the page so you could get people searching for that? Did you buy some service that promised to submit your sites to 3,253,313 search engines for ONLY $99.99! Did you put 500 keyword variations in your meta tags?

Don’t. Search engines are smarter than you. They are looking for dumb “tricks” like that and may even penalize you for them.

4. Is the URL for twitter.com/s_manickam clean and relevant?

You are going to have a heck of an easier time ranking higher for “ergonomic loafers” if you own ergonomicloafers.com. If your page about them is at http://aligatorknuckles.com/2353/234bps.asp?stink=true – it’s going to be a lot harder. Common sense.

5. If you were researching this subject, would you find this page helpful? Would YOU link to it?

Take a step back Manickam, read the content, think about it. Put yourself in the mindset of a totally random visitor. Is this page useful? Did I learn something about the subject? If my mom emailed and wanted to know something about ergonomic loafers, would I send her this link or would I sent here somewhere better? If I was writing an article about ergonomic loafers, would I link to this?

6. Is the website a reliable source of quality information?

You might notice when googling, uhm, any major subject, Wikipedia articles tend to be around the top. Clearly Wikipedia has established them selves as a high quality source of information.

SEO compounds on itself. You will have an easier time ranking highly for a term if your site is an established and trustworthy source of information.

But I did all this stuff and I still don’t rank highly?!?!
    Them is the knocks, Manickam. SEO doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a long time. Much of it is based on other sites that link back to your page, and you have no direct control over that. You just need to focus on what you do have control over, which is making your page as compelling as it can be and encourage those links.

Convert RSS to PHP, Jul 28, 2009 IP
    Kosmix5 likes this.
  3. suganindia

suganindia Peon

Best Answers:
    suganindia, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    why are you worried what your twitter profile page rank is? all links are nofollow, the only links that will get (PR juice) are the source links for the applications you use
    don't worry about profile page rank, there are many other things you should focus your time on ;)

Brandon Sheley, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  5. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Agreed with this assumption... why do you even care?

You should worry about the traffic and making sales... :rolleyes:

laterz
    malcolm

malcolm1, Jul 28, 2009 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  6. rajkodirekka

rajkodirekka Peon

Best Answers:
    thats great information.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    rajkodirekka, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  7. ManagingDog

ManagingDog Peon

Best Answers:
    If you need to know the reason - I'd say it could be a toolbar glitch. But I'd agree with what everybody else here says - why even care about a Twitter acct PR?

ManagingDog, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  8. digitalextrememediagroup

digitalextrememediagroup Peon

Best Answers:
    DITTO! No FOllOw Get it?

9. Kosmix5

Kosmix5 Peon

Best Answers:
    If Twitter's No follow dynamics have no SEO benefits what do you make of the growing camp that says it works? This is a repost from Miguel Cancino:

"It appears to me that the single biggest factor contributing to Twitter’s impressive SEO is the fact that Twitter profiles/status pages are sub-directories of Twitter.com (i.e. http://twitter.com/searchviews), as opposed to sub-domains (http://searchviews.twitter.com). Whatever SEO benefits Twitter receives is passed to it’s sub-directories (this is not the case with sub-domains.) In other words, it’s Trickle Down Twitternomics.

Some of the recent controversy over “no follow” instructions in Twitter profiles shouldn’t diminish the real benefits of Twitter in getting found through organic search. The only thing that those search engine bots are avoiding are the links in the biographical information field — everything else is fair game.

From an SEO standpoint Twitter still has a lot of link value. Whenever I tweet something, this content is displayed on each of my followers pages. As a result, the more followers I have, the more inbound links there are pointing back towards the content I just posted, including links."

Is this wrong?

Kosmix5, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  10. Jectillplum

Jectillplum Peon

Best Answers:
    I Thinks it's could be happen with every Profiles. i already faced this kind of smiler problem with my Digg Profile in past it's has 3 PR but right now it's shows N/A.

Jectillplum, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  11. jockson

jockson Guest

Best Answers:
    it is due to the variations in google algorithm.no problem you can gain your PR shortly.keep on posting....

jockson, Jul 30, 2009 IP