1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Squidoo - Hubpages Techniques

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by hornetss, Jul 11, 2008.

Hello, I have only been article marketing. But Recently I Havent been getting enough traffic to my lander so I am now going to expand my ways of getting traffic. Well I was wondering what Squidoo and HubPages are like. Do you do the same thing as an article? Like do some keyword research, put the long tailed keyword in the title, then mention it a couple times in the body. Is that all you do and you will see traffic? What do you do to get automatic traffic to ur hubpages and squidoos? I also have the same question about blogging. Say I write a 500 word article with some keyword research and put it up on a blog. Would It AutoMatically Get Traffic?
    Thanks for any Advice!!! :)

hornetss, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  2. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Whoop, there's no such thing as automatic traffic, lol.

Visitors either come from Google or other search engines, or they come from within the site itself. If you get on the top 100 lenses or the hot hubs list for example, then most often I would expect a whole lot of traffic.

Other than that it's pretty much the same as an article directory, just more customization, SEO benefits, and instant accepting so you can include affiliate links, even though Hubpages aren't really fans of affiliate links.

In my experience hubpages actually rank better than squidoo, PR is totally dead.

But just like EA, both Hubpages and Squidoo rank WELL in the search engines, and that means traffic for you. With some bookmarking beating out 20,000 competing pages shouldn't be too difficult.

If you don't, just send some more links there from EA, lol.

Hope this helped.

Good luck!

lemonarian, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  3. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    hornetss, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  4. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to add some more content to it
    and get backlinks to it as well.

Patchkaa, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  5. richromo

richromo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Without getting backlinks and marketing your squidoo lenses you won't get much traffic, at all. I optimized my lenses and am seeing 15-20 hits a day. yawn!!!! You have to promote the lenses by submitting them to directories, bookmarking them and doing general marketing and then you may get some more traffic. I am using squidoo and learning how to market it with their suggestions is good learning tool. Haven't tried HubPages, I have their downloaded booklet waiting for me to jump in, havent had the time.

richromo, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  6. Rebtl

Rebtl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another way to make your squidoo/hubpages more powerful is make several (4-5 or even 10) on each one of the sites, just like if you were to write and submit 10 articles, and then link them all together. Automatic backlinks to each of them.

To create even more traffic to these linked pages create a group about your niche on squidoo/hubpages and submit each of those pages to it.

Rebtl, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  7. JayXtreme

JayXtreme Guest

Best Answers:
    I always use squidoo like a fancy article directory, using one lense for 4 or 5 articles each time...

That way you widen the reach and scope of your lense. I did a bit of a tutorial on my blog a while back..

I did this to show that the use of blog RSS from Google blog search can be great for your squidoo lenses.. fresh content daily is the best way to really get a lens moving, update it regularly, and with an RSS module you can even have it done on days when you can't add more manually

Jay

JayXtreme, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  8. Wayne Tully

Wayne Tully Peon

Best Answers:
    I seem to like hubpages usability more better than squidoo nowadays and the traffic I am getting, far out weighs Squidoo, the trick is to write regular and publish in sets of niche areas and group them together to benefit the linking from each of your grouped hubs, the same with Squidoo(when they break out of the slapped for spam phase)

Hubpages have just started the new and improved 30 day hubchallenge where you have to write 30 hubpages in 30 days, which this in itself is a nice challenge to set yourself and build traffic through trial and error like I have.

the last hubchallenge gave these stats results on this graph....

[​IMG]

As you can see my traffic tripled by writing 42 hubpages on the last hubchallenge in may....give it a try, it's a great place...find me on there in my signature!!

Wayne Tully, Jul 27, 2009 IP