1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

paypal the evil money changer

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by thenewnumber1, Jul 27, 2009.

ok lets start out with info about other ways to accept payment except for paypal. Does anyone use any other form of payment except them? and how hard is it to accept credit cards. I bet a thread like this would be quite helpful, as I am trying to find other ways to accept payment.

thenewnumber1, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  2. Imbo

Imbo Member

Best Answers:
    There are quite a few payment processors like Paypal. Alertpay is one, Google checkout is another quite popular one and there are quite a few others. Judging by your title, I am guessing you probably had a problem with Paypal, so it's probably not a bad idea to check out Google checkout.

Imbo, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  3. thenewnumber1

thenewnumber1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    oh no, just we have heard the horror stories, so we were just looking for alternatives that wouldnt keep our money for a few months before they had to give it to us.

4. VTTE

VTTE Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alertpay is quite good. They're just not as popular at the moment, because they don't have any affiliation with companies such as eBay

VTTE, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  5. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Looks like you have ignored the hundreds if not thousands of threads and discussions on various forums addressing this topic. In other words, it's an absolute old story.

Either way, most start hating paypal right after their first issue with them. I've been through bad times with PP myself a few times, my account being locket, funds frozen, chargebacks and all. I ended up submitting the required documentation and other info which was requested in order to unlock/release funds.

Regardless, I continue to use Paypal. Wonder why? Because there isn't a better alternative to it at this point. There isn't. I also use Google Checkout quite successfully. Yet, paypal is the preferred one amongh those who I deal with.

At the end of the day, customer is king. Doesn't matter how good AlertPay or another processor is to you. If customers don't accept it then it's basically useless.

Clive, Jul 27, 2009 IP
    Moses8595 likes this.
  6. thenewnumber1

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    thats why i started this is so i can hear options on this ...i did not ignore the other post just they might have been dated so if new info was out there i want to know about it.

7. sousen

sousen Active Member

Best Answers:
    At this momment Alart pay can be help you! It's another good Payment gatway

sousen, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  8. thenewnumber1

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    ok good we r getting more options ...anymore?

9. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Last time i did use paypal to process my online CC payment.
    But due to their fee is too high.
    I switch to swreg.

mentos, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  10. David26

David26 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am curious to know why there are so few payment processors and out of those few only 2 - 3 of them are worth using?

David26, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  11. thenewnumber1

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    David26, that's a good question. And that's why I started this thread. But of course, someone has already flamed me for speaking against paypal... Its like speaking against craigslist, everyone gets all uppity and huffy, so really do I need to gather a bad ass programmer and a big money man and maybe start my own online payment accepter??? Im sure there are all kinds of federal regulations, but if we are having so much trouble with the big dogs and it just keeps happening, what is so wrong with trying to change how things are done or creating something better?

thenewnumber1, Jul 28, 2009 IP