1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you tell SE's to ignore certain words?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by RoboLlama, Jul 26, 2009.

On many SEO reports, I get bad marks for irrelevant words that have a high keyword density. These are words like "votes", etc. that are published with EVERY new post so they get repeated a lot. Is there any way to tell search engines that these words are NOT relevant since they don't contribute at all to SEO? They only harm me....

RoboLlama, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  2. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One way is to make these types of words graphics. I did this on one of my sites that had a lot of repetitive table headers. You can't tell the search engines to just automatically ignore words.

vansterdam, Jul 26, 2009 IP
    RoboLlama likes this.
  3. RoboLlama

RoboLlama Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn. Alright, I guess I'll have to try that :) Thanks a ton for your help!

RoboLlama, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  4. vansterdam

Best Answers:
    Another option is to just do a lot of good link building. Good relevant links can overcome most onpage weaknesses. Those SEO reports aren't as smart as the search engine algorithms. So worry more about what Google and the other search engines think about your content. There are lots of sites that have repetitive unrelated keywords that still rank well.

vansterdam, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  5. RoboLlama

RoboLlama Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm. I can't make said text images right now. Currently, the keyword with the highest density on my blog is "votes". :( and highest 2word keyword is "rating votes" :( There's no way to solve this other than making thme images?

RoboLlama, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  6. vansterdam

Best Answers:
    Don't obsess over what this seo report is telling you. Focus on building good links and your onpage issues won't matter. If this was that big a problem, almost every forum would have lousy rankings.

vansterdam, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  7. RoboLlama

RoboLlama Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright... I was just trying to make my SEO perfect :p Thanks for your help again.

RoboLlama, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  8. vansterdam

Best Answers:
    Yes that is understandable. With onpage SEO the main purpose is to insure your competition does not have an edge anywhere. It's the actual backlinks that drive search engine rankings. You do want to make sure that your site is as optimized as possible to take advantage of links you build. So go ahead with more aggressive link building. If you don't seem to make any progress in a month or two of link building, then revisit issues like this.

vansterdam, Jul 28, 2009 IP