1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Static Websites Vs Wordpress Blog for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ATechGuy, Jul 24, 2009.

Hi there,

I am planning to launch 5 high quality websites on various topics.

I need some suggestions from SEO Experts regarding the platform selection.

I want to know that from SEO point of view what is best a static website or a word press blog?

My aim is to have well indexing of the websites and to drive huge traffic from Google and Yahoo.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
    ATG

ATechGuy, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  2. luckymurari

luckymurari Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you can afford to upodate them often , then you should always opt for blogs< wordpress to be specific> . Generally blogs tend to rank higher very soon with lesser effort. On the con side, they don't stay there forever. You need tro always push it to make stay there. In contrast, static website may not need much of work to mainatin its position/ So if you want a long term website and no updation, then prefer static else WP.

luckymurari, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  3. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Go for wordpress, its easy to update and SEO friendly.

getjimmy, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  4. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have much more control over how a static site is structured and SEO'd. You have to weigh that against the ease with which you can throw up and maintain a WordPress site.

Canonical, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  5. frenzy25

frenzy25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah they are right. You have to weigh the pros and cons. Also remember, you need to consider security issues. Make sure u read up on how to maintain security on blogs. You are going to have to do that. Not just saying that, you will need to do that.

frenzy

frenzy25, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  6. 22websitedesign

22websitedesign Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggess you static website rather then blog. Blog takes more effort and time to get high ranking in search engine rather then html site.

22websitedesign, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  7. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    why weigh or choose?

both have advantages and flexibility in ways the other does not. IMO the strongest configuration is a static site, with an integrated wordpress blog as the dynamic element

SEOibiza, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  8. mogobo

mogobo Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress Rocks

It is giving me enough and more traffic from search engines!

mogobo, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  9. SplitPersonalityGeek

SplitPersonalityGeek Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, IDK what you guys are talking about. Wordpress is just a friggin CMS. (Content Management System).

It's like have a static HTML site, just templated out. You can run a static site on wordpress, and use it just for it's templated out system.

If you think you're going to spend alot of time writing content, I recommend using wordpress. If you set it up right, it can do alot of SEO stuff correctly out of the box, and automate alot more. In addition, there's alot of social media friendly features that you can pimp it out with.

Personally, it's easier for me to crank out a wordpress site than a static HTML one. I have a base template, along with 30 or so plugins,

I simply:

1) Install wordpress

2) Upload the template and plugins

3) Activate templates and plugins

4) Set the wordpress features

and BANG, I've got a fully functioning and optimized site. All I have to do is write content on the site, hire someone or whatever, and wordpress already pimps out the SEO features for me. How sweet? No manually copying pages, no mass find replace...

And I'm not a technical or a design guy either.

SplitPersonalityGeek, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  10. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress "blog". It's so much easier to manage. You don't need to worry about broken links when updating, which is a big no-no for Google. Just create a static homepage, sitemap (use plugin, way easier), privacy policy, contact form (use plugin), etc., and use the blog on the backend and it'll automatically ping the searchengines when you post. And you can submit RSS feeds as well. I've had success with both, for a mini-site HTML works fine, but if it's a large site or you plan to update often I'd go with wordpress.

bob25, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  11. Tordon

Tordon Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried boyh as well and find I have better luck with wp as well.

Tordon, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  12. jhoward98

jhoward98 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have used both tatics for websites. I personally have come to like wordpress better. It is more work than a static page, but you get better results. People can see all the content that you have and how often it is updated. You can send your traffic from your wordpress site to your static site. It ends up working out pretty good. At least for me. You just need to consider what your site is going to be about first.

jhoward98, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  13. finalroundmedia

finalroundmedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've always had a lot of success with wordpress and there are a lot of nice seo plugins coming out all the time for wordpress

finalroundmedia, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  14. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should know clearly about what you should to do with your content , about your content .
    I have give you two choose :

If you are using simple info/content in your site , just using website
    If you are using large info/content , update always , you should using a CMS Open Source , Wordpress or Joomlart . by you. !!!

anhbloginc, Jul 26, 2009 IP