1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

indexed pages

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by hollandgirl68, Jul 24, 2009.

I had a question, when you submit your site to google, why does it only index the first page? Is it because you do not have a site map? I have noticed that I have to submit each of my pages separately in order to get them listed in the SEs.:confused:

hollandgirl68, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  2. mpreyesmr

mpreyesmr Banned

Best Answers:
    i think it may be that you do not have a sitemap, but I would contact Google just to be sure.

mpreyesmr, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  3. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Google will 'naturally' get around to crawling your other pages... eventually. One of the main benefits of using a sitemap is the speed at which your pages get picked up by Google.

Why submit one URL at a time when you can submit just the one sitemap URL? Better yet, have your sitemap tool notify all of the search engines for you.

Another major factor in how quickly and completely Google indexes your site is the number and quality of backlinks coming into your site.

Put these two together and your site will get noticed (in it's entirety).

MaxPowers, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  4. mpreyesmr

mpreyesmr Banned

Best Answers:
    The speed of your site being crawled. That is one of the things a sitemap does.

mpreyesmr, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  5. Tim Gross

Tim Gross Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed that Google as adding 10 pages a day to the index from site, why is it so slow?

Tim Gross, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  6. Tim Gross

Tim Gross Peon

Best Answers:
    Does it ensure that all site pages are indexed?

Tim Gross, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  7. jhoward98

jhoward98 Guest

Best Answers:
    Have you looked into google webmaster tools? you can change how fast google crawls and visits your site. It isn't a gurantee that they will do it. But there is an option to help you that way. Just my 2 cents;)

jhoward98, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  8. jhoward98

jhoward98 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would suggest a couple of ways to help. You need to put a sitemap on you site. It will help your site get crawled better. It basically puts your whole site into a readable version for the robots to go through your information easier. When I put xml-sitemaps.com on my site, it increased my pages being indexed by google.
    You should also get an account with google webmaster tools. It is really handy to have. You can change how often google visits your site. you just need to remember that google might not follow your request. Worth doing if you really want to make sure your pages get indexed. It will even tell you what pages they are having problems with. Hope that helps:D

jhoward98, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  9. blue_angel

blue_angel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All search engines crawling all pages. One of the main benefits of using a sitemap is the speed.
    Also many times especially if you use flash maybe exist links which are not detected or mentioned , with sitemap inform search engines about them

blue_angel, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  10. Traxxas Man

Traxxas Man Peon

Best Answers:
    Google will crawl your pages you just have to wait first. Sitemaps hasten the page indexing of your site. However, if you submit your sitemap don't expect that all your pages will be indexed in an hour or so. You will still be put under the crawling queue.

Traxxas Man, Jul 27, 2009 IP