1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie to CJ. How long will it take to make money?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by invalidid87, Jul 20, 2009.

I want to make some quick cash and I am planning to get into CJ. DO u think is it worth the hard work and time? Also let me know how long it will take for me to make money and the average money per month I can make with CJ?:confused:

invalidid87, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  2. tohawk

tohawk Peon

Best Answers:
    i have registered on cj around one month and put the links on my site around 2 weeks also . but my earning is still zero so i donot think it's easy to earn fast cash from cj..

tohawk, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  3. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't make fast cash with CJ.. without spending money via PPC. If you're willing to create a network of sites and promote them, there is good money in affiliate marketing. You get out of it.. what you put in. More time, effort and research will lead to consistent solid earnings over the long haul.

If you don't have the time, patience, dedication... stop now.

hanji

hanji, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  4. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you are doing, my first month w/ cj I earned $1495.00 but I was working with LS and found it easier to covert the merchants in CJ compared to LS. I would say it could take 6 months or more to start making money as a affiliate marketer. Unless you are totally dedicated learn a lot and put what you learn into action, You also need some start up cash for domains hosting and what have you, not everything revolves around ppc, if you don't have the smarts in ppc it can cost you a fortune and you earned $0.00 from cj........ take a look around ask questions, get your sites reviewed here its for free!!! and it will help you improve your site.

jodyq, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  5. jhoward98

jhoward98 Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree. If you are a newbie, it will take some time to get the hang of it. There are a lot of things you have to do to make it work right. You can't just put some affiliate links to your site and hope for the money to start rolling in. I am sure you have done more than that. What have you done to market your affiliate links? Maybe I can give some pointers. Somebody should be willing to give some pointers, Right?;)

jhoward98, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  6. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    New is Pending Commission
    Extended is locked by need more time to preview by fraud sale or etc like that
    Locked is commission will transfer to Current Balance

When you got balance in current balance, you will got payment in 20st of month

anhbloginc, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  7. zalaona

zalaona Banned

Best Answers:
    Trust me Do not wast your time, try to make a little search here and see how many people get mistreated by CJ

Try Other networks,, some pays within 2 weeks and there is also some who pay weekly

do not join this crab.j

zalaona, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  8. timdmaxey

timdmaxey Peon

Best Answers:
    zalaona, what are some "other" networks. I have CJ on newarticle (.com) but I haven't seen jack yet. I am kinda knew at this. Been programming for over 13 years, but just starting to get into this stuff. I can develop the sites, but links and stuff, any help would be great!

timdmaxey, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  9. zalaona

zalaona Banned

Best Answers:
    Trust me dear Cj Ripp People couple every Month, This Month they refused to pay me after waiting for 60 days, and they give me NON-SENSE REASON

Well here is List of the Best out there as far as i know

Adsmarket.com

neverblue.com

comissionempire.com

adjal.com

zalaona, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  10. gigaforge

gigaforge Peon

Best Answers:
    I started last week. I already have 3 leads. But one week of cj equals on day of google ad sense earnings for me. And they get almost the same exposure.

It depends on the clients you get to publish sometimes. I had one or two at the beginning which totally sucked...

gigaforge, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  11. Melvin Pereira

Melvin Pereira Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 10 blogs with unique content and relative good traffic. I started 2 days ago with one of them and I got 949 impressions and 14 clicks.

I will add the other 9 this week and I will compare it with Adsense

Melvin Pereira, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  12. TheMagpie

TheMagpie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your question of how long and how much doesn't really tell us much of what your doing.

The affiliate network isn't what makes you money. You make you money. Your setting yourself up to fail.

It can take years to make money with affiliate marketing.

There are so many ways to go. the n1way or ppc.

Before asking questions like yours you should do research on exactly it is you want to achieve.

Do want to build a content rich site with ads or a product niche.

You can have all the traffic in the world and not make a sale if your site isn't relevant.

TheMagpie, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  13. digitalkev

digitalkev Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been programming for quite some time also, and i thought that it would be easy for me to step in and make cash with Affiliate marketing...
    But sadly i was wrong... i know how to make cool sites, i know how to track the hell out of the users, did a complex mysql database for tracking, but the pages just dont convert.

And ppc? ha.. Friking google is a money gulping green monster....
    In april i made $350 with one niche ..... the bad news is that i spent $500...

I believe in affiliate marketing... i'm thinking now that its easier to start with a niche you know about and like.... make a couple of articles, post them to hubpages (it gets indexed in 1 day, at least for me) and link these to your domain.

CJ has many offers, but before making a site around them check out if they accept you as an affiliate, because sometimes they dont accept you depending on your site or where you live.

good luck people!

digitalkev, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  14. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    You earn thru sweat equity.

jodyq, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  15. jhoward98

jhoward98 Guest

Best Answers:
    You could look into clickbank. I have used them in the past and got my money. I know not everyone likes them.

jhoward98, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  16. simey

simey Active Member

Best Answers:
    When you start out, sign up with many different networks and merchants. (some wont take you, but thats OK)

There's no rule that you can only have 1 companies links on a page or site, so test which ones are making you $$$ and concentrate on those.

There are a LOT of incompetent or dishonest merchants out there (on all networks) so you have to cut out the weeds or lose your ass, so to speak...

Make sites about content, ideas, applications, or people,
    Not based on one company. That's when you get disappointed.

simey, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  17. usmanhariri

usmanhariri Peon

Best Answers:
    i suggest u to stop dreaming, start action now !

usmanhariri, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  18. aix4200

aix4200 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends how hard you can work. My problem was time, with work,family and kids i couldn't spend much time. It took me some time to finally break my $1000 goal this month.

to get started see my signature below. I also use Adsense but couldn't go above $300 but using phpbay it took me 60 days to earn over $300.

aix4200, Jul 30, 2009 IP