1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kilkelly SEO Services - sorry 'bout crap domain

Discussion in 'Websites' started by seo-ireland, Mar 15, 2005.

Hi guys,

Can you please have a look at my new SEO services website http://www.kilkelly-seo-services.com/ . It's simple but I hope it gets the information across. Constructive criticisms are very welcome.

Cheers lots.

seo-ireland, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  2. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    The site looks excellent, but you can probably remove this:

<!-- to correct the unsightly Flash of Unstyled Content. http://www.bluerobot.com/web/css/fouc.asp -->
    	<script type="text/javascript"></script>

Code (markup):
    You already have some script tags in the head, so that's obsolete.

nullbit, Mar 15, 2005 IP
    seo-ireland likes this.
  3. seo-ireland

seo-ireland Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip nullbit.

4. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem. In terms of the source code, I noticed one other problem (malformed opening p tag):

Line 24: <p>> <a href="index.php" title="Back to Home Page">Kilkelly SEO Services Home Page</a></p>

Edit: Ok, I realise why that's there now, you should use &gt; instead of >

Also, it seems if you only did a a few minor changes, your site could easily validate
    as XHTML Strict. If you'll actually gain anything significant from having it validate, I don't know.

Otherwise, great job.

nullbit, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  5. Umbertide

Umbertide Peon

Best Answers:
    Free Visibilty Report graphic should read Free Visibility Report

Umbertide, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  6. seo-ireland

seo-ireland Peon

Best Answers:
    Woah well spotted Umbertide. I always mispell that word :(

7. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Should (IMO) read 'more sales/increased sales' and same for higher profit. You don't get 'higher profit', you get more profit. Higher is appropriate when you're talking about profit margins but that has nothing to do with SEO.

You might want to add that most online purchases start at a search engine. That's really what makes it important. If everybody started at dmoz.org then SEO would be a waste of time. There's some stats about it, something along the line og 85% of purchases originate from a search I believe.

Visibility again in the footer of the homepage:
    It seems like all the e-mail address aren't spam proof. You'll be inundated soon unless you makes then images or use some javascript to seperate them from code.

I'd include a telephone number as well. Even if it's just an answering machine or you're there for just 2 hours a day. If they're about to fork out a couple hundred for SEO then I'm sure they'd want a tel#!

T0PS3O, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  8. seo-ireland

seo-ireland Peon

Best Answers:
    Good points TOPS. It's amazing what little things can be left out if you don't ask other people :)

9. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I know. I have yet to come acress 1 website that is actually finished. I don't think there is such a thing as a finished website.

Running 4 (soon more!) shops I know exactly what it is! Never ending story (haha and yet I find time to comment on yours instead of 'finishing' mine :) )

T0PS3O, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  10. seo-ireland

seo-ireland Peon

Best Answers:
    Never a truer word said. I mean what's to tell you you that you have reached perfection? It's not as if a huge fanfare goes off or anything.

About my site, I suppose my biggest concern is whether it looks professional. Any thoughts on this guys?

11. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It does. And It's clear about what you offer. Compare it to our friend *cough* from ADA and many others and you're miles ahead.

Your offering is an example for all other so-called SEO's IMO. No BS and no strings attached or dodgy fine print (without having scrutinized your contracts etc.).

I do most SEO myself/in-house but if I ever was short of time then it would be people like you I'd approach. None of them 'top 5 guaranteed' will get any of my £££'s. I know you can't make me top x for sure. It's not your call in the end. So you're right in offering improved rankings only.

Perhaps you could put up a section 'About SEO's' (Expanding the Ethical SEO & Important Points part your currently have) and link to Google's webmaster guidelines and note on SEO services or other authority resources. It's likely that people who've been ripped off before come accross your pages so to boost their trust and your credibility, I'd put such references on there.

Last tip on making it look professional (a bit subjective really): Title case the nav phrases. 'Request Quote' instead of 'request quote' looks a lot better IMO. Just like in your breadcrumb trail.

Also, you should be able to tell without hovering over SEO Services that it has more sub cats.

T0PS3O, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  12. seo-ireland

seo-ireland Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the assessment TOPS. I was aiming for the no-BS, straight-forward approach because to be honest why not tell it like it is.

I like your idea about the 'About SEOs' page. Good suggestion. I also capitalized the menu items and they do look better now :)

BTW ADA ??

13. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Alex Doyle and Associates

Where in Ireland are you?

yfs1, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  14. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    [search=google]alex doyle associates[/search] and [search=yahoo]alex doyle associates[/search] should give you an idea of what I'm hinting at.

T0PS3O, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I kinda like the Chesna, it represents moving up slowly and staying there rather than the rockets, fast cars or whatever ppl use - more realistic :)

Blogmaster, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  16. seo-ireland

seo-ireland Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah the Chesna is a more understated. yfs1 I'm from Galway.

17. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    under promise and overdeliver works best for me as well ...

Blogmaster, Mar 15, 2005 IP