1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Investing Into Stock Markets to make money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by *Mayank*, Jul 26, 2009.

How many of you invest into stock market? I was never fond of Bank Deposits only because their interest on savings is FAR TOO LOW. So I started investing in the Indian Stock Market. I havent been this happy before. I invested 60k when the market was at 8000 sensex and took out at 14k, and it was doubled, ofcourse if I had gone for right companies, I'd have trippled the investment.

Just curious that how many of you are regularly doing long term investments or putting into Mutual Funds or do daily Trading :p

I've now got the full interest in learning about it and have also been spending sometime looking at a few Business/Market news channels :eek: And also started blogging about whatever this little kid knows haha.

*Mayank*, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  2. linkstrade

linkstrade Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi dear,

I also invested just 25k in stock market and got 5k profit within 6 months, i think this is the best way to make money double or triple or more but we have to keep good knowledge of market then we can get succeed.

linkstrade, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  3. kollam003

kollam003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm an active investor in the Indian stock market and I have also bagged some money in the fall and rise, I have my own website which I update when I do have the time. Have a look if you would like to write anything there you are welcome. http://www.indianprofits.com

kollam003, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  4. *Mayank*

*Mayank* Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats good, how about 60,000 to 120,000 in 6 months. And If I had invested in companies like Punj Lloyd or JP Associates, then 60,000 would have become 180000. But then that was the best phase we've had yet. I still got lucky. Who gets 200% ROI in 6 months haha, damn!

Never forget Satyam, if you had bought in 11.5 rupees, you'd have 10 times now :p

Although 5k on 25k is quite a bit, thats like 40% returns Per annum

I'll look into it. I just have my blog on it too :p It can be found on clicking recent blog link.

Not now, stock market is itself quite a bit to learn about for now :p

*Mayank*, Jul 26, 2009 IP
    linkstrade and mentos like this.
  5. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I knew Citigroup was a solid investment when it was below $1 a share, today it's trading at $2.73 so that's a 173% gain this year so fair.

Seqqa, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  6. RawAthletics

RawAthletics Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wanted to jump in here. Forex can be a great investment --if you know exactly, and I do mean exactly what you are doing. It is very volatile and you can make or lose a great deal of money in a very short time. With the global markets so cheap right now, why take that massive risk when you can buy up very good companies and very discounted prices?

RawAthletics, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  7. bigtime2

bigtime2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Did Indian stock market perform that well? And when was this, that you guys made all of this money? As far as I know (I invest in us stock market) the whole world was in a recession, and still is, for a while now...

bigtime2, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes,i have into the stock market trading for 20 years already.
    I prefer holding the blue chips stock that give stable return every years.
    Normally i invest in technology related stock.

mentos, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  9. bigtime2

bigtime2 Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of a return did you have over the past 18 months or so? Did you manage to stay in the positive?

bigtime2, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  10. linkstrade

linkstrade Active Member

Best Answers:
    your site is cool and informatic

thanks

11. linkstrade

linkstrade Active Member

Best Answers:
    is there any other best way to invest money except investing in stock market ?

12. dipal76

dipal76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I invest only in IPO.
    It is good for me to earn money from new public issue.
    It is safest side for me in stock market.

dipal76, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  13. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    India and China are still growing....both economies are expected to grow more than 5% this year.....maybe even more.

I invest and trade regularly.

I even have my own investing forum....:eek:.

sachin410, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  14. bigtime2

bigtime2 Peon

Best Answers:

Are you in the States or...? How does a person from the States invest/trade in Indian, or Chinese, stock market?

bigtime2, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  15. bigtime2

bigtime2 Peon

Best Answers:

Are you in the States or...? How does a person from the States invest/trade in Indian, or Chinese, stock market? Can that be done through a broker here, or would I have to open an account in these countries?

bigtime2, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  16. *Mayank*

*Mayank* Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah but the current posture calls in for infrastructure related stocks, the housing sector, construction or building materials like cement, steel. Since that is what is the biggest need here in India at the moment.

Dont know, ask your broker? Or any Broker company or whatever its called through whom you buy shares. Americans invest a lot in Indian Market and get rich :p

*Mayank*, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  17. mitok

mitok Guest

Best Answers:
    I can tell that in my country at moment stock prices are way under their fundamental value. And will be more under in September i expect. As crisis in my country just begun. So, if someone would like to try to invest in country where some bluechip companies can go up for 5%-10% daily when things will be sortded, he can PM. But i doubt return will come in less than 1 year. By return, i mean return of 3x-4x, but when things comes to its place, investment of 10k for example, could come to 100k without doubts.

mitok, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  18. *Mayank*

*Mayank* Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In this last week, many companies here in the Indian market has given 20% returns. And in a month many have given 25-40% returns. But ofcourse these months dont come always. But I can say that overal return is VERY good. Just know the right time to take out money.

*Mayank*, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  19. atticus68

atticus68 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that there will never be a better time to invest in the stock market then today. Get in NOW, buy good stocks, hold onto them and watch your net worth skyrocket over the next five years.

atticus68, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  20. nexx

nexx Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah buy "good stocks". Easier said than done. A few years ago people would have said stocks like GM and RBS were "good stocks".

nexx, Jul 27, 2009 IP