1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense account banned after 6 years

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by nriweb, Jul 26, 2009.

I had an adsense account which started off with one website in 2003 and by last month had around 15 websites on the account. The account was comfortably making more than a thousand dollar every month and so I guess it was a profitable and useful account for both me and Google. And it was not copied content.

All my websites are content based websites and I do not update them or change content. Actually I do not even visit them. Revenue had been dripping down but was pretty good.

Last month, I got a mail from Google saying they banned my account. I requested a review but after that, they mailed that the account "posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers".

Well, had it been the content of a single website, they could have disabled the website. I am not sure if someone click bombed my website. I did not visit any of my websites for past 2 months. Google would not disclose any reason. And obviously would not communicate.

Now for anyone who has 15 websites, and you look at the sites trying to find the reason, you would find a site or two which could be the possible culprit. I am not sure how to go about it. Obviously Google would not allow me to open another account. If your wife has been running a few websites and you had those sites under the same account, Google would reject the new account in your wife's name too.

I personally think that Google does not have much regard for publishers. Obviously the super smart Google knows that it was not me who click bombed my ads (assuming that is the reason). In the past 6 years, I may have clicked 3 or 4 times by mistake.

So going forward, what do you think I should do ?

Open a Yahoo account / go for another advertiser.

Open one more adsense account and have the super safe websites using the account (assuming Google approves that).

nriweb, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As you said, you can't apply for another adsense account and your former sites are now associated with a banned account anyway. I'm sure there are ways around this with a company name, but you need to have different domains/websites.

If they paid you, then it was probably related to a site quality issue or ad placement.

Yahoo is a complete waste of time unless you want to make 10% of what adsense was paying. I would try Microsoft Publisher - it's not the same in payouts or ctr, but it's way better than YPN.

mjewel, Jul 26, 2009 IP
    lifeplayer likes this.
  3. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so said.

its terrible.......

unna, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  4. leandar

leandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what you did wrong in last month ?

leandar, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  5. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I hate seeing people running content based sites getting Adsense account banned, when you can find proxy, file hosting, and image hosting sites successfully using Adsense. Duh!

Look for alternatives like infolinks, kontera or Microsoft Publisher (as suggested by mjewel).

mixke, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  6. munibhero

munibhero Peon

Best Answers:
    As a bottom line, just remember the search engine never really needs you, it is always the other way around. So, don't take your frustrations on the obvious. There can always be a small nasty player out there, who can keep clicking on your Adsense ads, which invariably leads to your account being banned by Adsense

munibhero, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  7. neo_one

neo_one Banned

Best Answers:
    Why not make another 1 website, update regular and wait after 6 month and even more..... and then apply again o adsense...

neo_one, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  8. evolveforever

evolveforever Peon

Best Answers:
    oh that is sad to hear .. you have other websites for affiliate or just these things?This is why you should never depend on adsense.Affiliate is the best and would remain the best forever.

evolveforever, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  9. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I take it you did add the Google adsense policy statement to the sites as that maybe why they banned you,its only a suggestion.

Mega B, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  10. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm very puzzled from such posts.

A lot of people is getting banned around the monthly ammount of 1000 $.

Can't all of them lie, i don't understand why honest people is banned. Doesn't google wanna pay high commisions ? What happens exactly.

I can't accept the fact that some other can click-bomb a website and ruin it. Sorry, i don't buy that.

Cagliostro, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  11. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This really stinks, and this is why I only have two sites running Adsense. I don't make even close to what you were, but I worry less about being banned. It's easy to make an honest mistake against Google's TOS with 15 sites. It only takes one mistake. Sorry for your loss.

SearchBliss, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  12. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense doesn't ban without a reason. Why would they want to ban someone making a $1,000 a month, every month, for years? Because you think they want a quick $1,000?

If you look at the OP's sites, I have a feeling it was terminated for content issues, copyright issues, mp3 downloads, etc.

mjewel, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  13. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about that. It makes me nervous as well because I run good quality websites and earn good money monthly, so I'd hate to be banned for no good reason. The worst part is that trying to speak to anyone about it is nearly impossible. They make a decision and then you have no way to even defend yourself. I dislike that part the most.

Maybe switch over to Adbrite or another Text-Link-Ads.com for an alternative to Adsense.

christian231, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  14. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what "OP" sites are.

And ok, if you have 3 websites for a long time, and you add a 4th and forget to add a proper TOS, is that a reason to get you banned ? Without a notice, and a chanse to fix things ?

What other business is doing that to their customers ? I don't know one.

:rolleyes:

Cagliostro, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  15. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You don't get banned for not adding a TOS.

mjewel, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  16. prashantban

prashantban Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is not good.. google must have treated you in a better way.. after all you are there customer for 6 years.. thats a long time..
    anyways dont just panic.. change the name and open a new account... adsense is the best as u must be knowing...!!

prashantban, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  17. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The last time one of my sites was in violation of the adsense TOS, the people at google sent me an email and told me about the problem. I fixed it that same day and everything was fine. That was 3 years ago.

Did you not get an email saying that one of your sites was in violation of the TOS? Its not like the people at google go around looking for websites to ban.

~kev~, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  18. FluFF

FluFF Peon

Best Answers:
    They emailed me this too and i sorted it. This was 1 year ago tho.

FluFF, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  19. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Post on Google's Webmaster forum. You can find the links though your Webmaster Tools account.

List the sites. If what is wrong is obvious, you'll find out within 24 hours - i.e. duplicate content, spun content that they caught, sites outside the TOS. If it's a case of click fraud, they won't know, but at least you'll be able to eliminate some possibilities.

I had questions about two of my sites and the super poster answered them at an obscenely early hour on a Sunday - within 2 hours of my asking. I got a detailed response and was able to get a site which had been banned from the SERPs, reinstated within 30 days without a reinclusion request.

I know that being banned from the SERPs is different from having your Adsense banned. But the question of what went wrong is still the same.

If it's still tits up after you've asked -

Sell the sites if you have to, you could probably make a pretty penny with them. Buy expired domains for age and start over with a new account.

Valkerie, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  20. EASYDOMAIN4ALL

EASYDOMAIN4ALL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So sorry to hear that. May be google should write about reasons why they banned one publisher to keep the process transparent. The reason "posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers" should accompany "WHY?"

did they say why?

EASYDOMAIN4ALL, Jul 30, 2009 IP