1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword research

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Wall Major, Jul 25, 2009.

I'm about to start doing some keyword research to promote my new efforts at weight loss site and forum (see sig). But I want to know - how do people decide what is a worthwhile keyword?

Obviously search numbers are important - but what is a worthwhile search number?
    Do you look at competition using quotes or not?
    What is competition you decide worthwhile?
    Do you look at the PR and page/site backlinks for the top competition for the keyword?

What is it YOU do?

Wall Major, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  2. louise254

louise254 Peon

Best Answers:
    Choose the keyword very much related to your site.A competitive keyword that will represent your site.Are you doing keyword research manually or with a tool?

louise254, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  3. Wall Major

Wall Major Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not just thinking of sniping one keyword with the site - instead choosing a number of keywords I can target with articles and the like.

Use Google keyword tool thing for initial keyword research (also use the seobook one for keyword ideas) and then manually researching the competition

Wall Major, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  4. AskStevenSmith

AskStevenSmith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have better luck with the Google adwords keyword tool. for me I like searches over over 2,500 a month and less than 10,000 competition. Every situation varies however.

Steven

AskStevenSmith, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  5. jokarl

jokarl Peon

Best Answers:
    Around 6000 searches and less that 200.000 comptition on quotes. At least thats what I usually go for when starting a smaller site.

jokarl, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  6. Dgroce

Dgroce Peon

Best Answers:
    Jokarl - What keyword tool do you use?

Dgroce, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  7. ghel

ghel Peon

Best Answers:
    I started out manually searching for keywords but it took most of my time so i decided to try google keyword tool.You can get many results and choices for the best related keywords for your site.

ghel, Jul 25, 2009 IP