1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am facing a very weird situation since 16th

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by true_promote, Jul 21, 2009.

Since 16th of this month, I am facing a weird situation. I had an email conversation with one of the clickbank product owners and he asked me what CB id I use to send traffic. I replied to him in email with my Id. And I am experiencing a very strange situation. since that day i am having no sales for this particular product. Whereas for other products I am having normal sales as earlier. I did not make any changes to the landing page and am getting similar targetted traffic as earlier. I wanted to ask if the vendors have any special powers to block certain affiliates or so???
    Or is it just normal?
    Whatever be, its very disappointing because my majority sales was from this vendor... ;-(

true_promote, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  2. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is possible that he is doing that with your clickbank id, just go to his site and go through the ordering process. As long as your ID is at the bottom of the clickbank page then you know he's not up to any shady business.

terryd, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  3. jasonsc

jasonsc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unbelivable. It is things like this why I stopped promoting clickbank.

jasonsc, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  4. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't tell vendors your email id. Period.

ParthS, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  5. JoinStation

JoinStation Peon

Best Answers:
    correct, it might be something the vendor did.
    But, just go to his site and go try make some ordering process. If you see your ID is at the bottom of the clickbank page then you know he's not up to any shady business.

JoinStation, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  6. misterdonman

misterdonman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Something you could do is report it to CLickBank so they can find out waht's going on.

misterdonman, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  7. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe try using a new id and see if the sales come back?

venrooy, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  8. true_promote

true_promote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I checked the order page through my affiliate link. I found that sometimes my affiliate id is shown at the bottom, whereas at times its showing affiliate="none"
    Well I already have two accounts and its showing such no-sales trend for both accounts.
    Can you offer me some suggestions?

true_promote, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  9. JoinStation

JoinStation Peon

Best Answers:
    As what i know:
    Sometime affiliate link will have 50% directed to your ID, 50% to the referrer.
    Perhaps, you can check with clickbank support via email.

JoinStation, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  10. true_promote

Best Answers:
    i contacted support but they replied the usual bullshit. Still no sales since past 10 days!
    very sad ;-(

true_promote, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  11. JoinStation

JoinStation Peon

Best Answers:
    Will it be your own product issue and problem?

JoinStation, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  12. true_promote

Best Answers:
    I am promoting an affiliate product.
    Now I see that I am getting no sales for any affiliate product at all. Suppose both my accounts are temporarily blacklisted. I think CB blacklists only small affiliates only spring the bigger ones! Anyways CB is the boss & we cannot change anything just by repeatedly complaining about it. Lets hope for the best in future ......

true_promote, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  13. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt that's the case, there's no way CB would do anything of the sort, it can be a wide range of reasons from competition, loss of rankings, low traffic and the economy. If you were making two or three sale a day its hardly a big enough sample size to make an assumption that CB is screwing you over!

If you were making 50-100 sales a day a then nothing you might have a case!

Patchkaa, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  14. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You might want to detail a bit more and why would he block your ID? There is no reason ..

You can try to check if your ID shows on the order page first (clear all your browser cookies and restart your browser before you check the ID)

Are you getting hops or are they gone as well? And lastly how come the vendor emailed you? This sounds pretty weird. If you're doing some cheesy stuff then the vendor might not agree with it ...

What's the product your talking about? :)

evelinawilliams007, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  15. JoinStation

JoinStation Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, this might be the way, take a trial, clear all your browser cookies and restart your browser before you check the ID.

JoinStation, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  16. true_promote

Best Answers:
    I am convinced that the vendor is not doing anything malicious against me. but I am only dissatisfied with CB blacklisting small publisher accounts. just the week before I was having several hundreds/day but this week its all blank with no change in amount of hops, seo rankings , no landing page changes, etc.
    Like I said I am not complaining against CB, rather just expressing my grief over the fact.
    I had been having steady sales over the last 3 months & shitty sales this last week. I can safely say that whenever CB blacklists certain accounts, sales drop to pathetic amounts, & in normal situations, sales are amazing!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    true_promote, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  17. DPwebtec123

DPwebtec123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    my last sale was in october last year, after having a successful adwords champaign and regular sales for about a year

But as of october last year one sale nothing more ever - even creating new cb affiliate account and have 4 of them now. nothing at all - not even sporadic or random sales -- yes somthing is up - they are selective who gets and does not become a successfull affiliate.

I the traffic visits my site, people spend upto an hour, and click on the affliliate links - every day - but nothing since october last year for any account !!:mad:

DPwebtec123, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  18. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Complain to Clickbank. Your sales will be turned on after they send you an email stating it's your problem.

Supper, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  19. JoinStation

JoinStation Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have the source to get the complain in fast? As what true_promote doubt is he did sent complain but no response i guess.

JoinStation, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  20. true_promote

Best Answers:
    I had sent a complain to CB & got the usual shitty reply as try new traffic methods, better landing pages,etc. Anyways today I see some sales returning in my account. Lets hope it gets better this week! ;-)

true_promote, Jul 26, 2009 IP