1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paying for article writing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by gurukid22, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Dgroce

Dgroce Peon

Best Answers:
    Anybody know any good english speaking articles writers? I'm looking to pay about $1 per hundred keywords - Trying to find someone with the ability to look at 2-3 articles on a subject and then create a unique article with the proper keyword density.

Shoot me a PM if you're looking for regular work or if you have someone you'd recommend. It's be MUCH appreciated - full time positions are available based on performance as well.

Dgroce, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  2. famous2313

famous2313 Member

Best Answers:
    check out needanarticle.com

they charge like 4 to 5 dollars to

write an article

famous2313, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  3. ramprop11

ramprop11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good quality article of 1500 cost nearby $10 per article.

ramprop11, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  4. SunHunter

SunHunter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could easily find someone here, and on other freelance sites, to complete a single 1500 word article for under $5. That's definitely a nominal rate and if the writer is capable of producing high quality content at that rate then it can be very profitable. However, that's rarely the case. You may find a talented and experience writer offering their service temporarily at a fairly low rate but that's usually only in emergency situations.

If a writer possesses enough copywriting skills then it would not be beneficial for that writer to offer their time for such a low rate. If you calculate the factors (time spent researching, time spent typing, proofreading, etc) it won't be hard to see that making minimum wage at a lower rate (per word) is nearly impossible.

Even if the writer is accepting a cent per word, it's likely that they will barely make minimum wage. Some writers spend more time researching the subject and proofreading the articles than others. The "cheap" writers will just whip up quick rewrites that may not even be comprehendable and hand them in as is.

Generally, while I don't order content, I have found that most respectable writers will charge at least two cents per word. My comprehension on how skilled a writer is here is solely based on how they present themselves on their service thread though. There are some individuals that seem capable of producing high quality content based on their vocabulary and understanding of the English language but writing on a forum and writing articles is a whole different thing.

Basically, from your stand point, you will want to find someone that primarily speaks English. Some employers require the writers to be based in the US, Canada, or UK, and others may even limit the projects to only Americans. This is entirely up to you and while there will be some complaints, it's worth the hassle. Any intrusion in a job offer where a writer does not meet the stated requirements clearly shows that the individual is not a professional person to deal with and/or doesn't comprehend the English language to deal with.

For your average keyword based article it may not be a big deal if the articles are not completed by the best writer out there. However, I personally believe that search engine optimize articles are a field that a writer can't be experienced in without SEO knowledge. Not only that, but some writers are not capable of placing keywords in articles naturally. If the writer can't incorporate the keywords with ease, no matter how qualified they are to write on the subject, the article won't do as well in search engines. While these articles may be great to read for your current viewers they will likely not attract any new visitors to your website from search engines.

Ultimately, an employer will only pay as much as they can afford to invest. Most employers won't take the risk of investing more than they will make from the article and a lot of small webmasters start to pinch pennies because of that.

My suggestion to you is to find talented SEO writers (if that's what you're after) that are capable of writing articles with a desired keyword density but not appearing as keyword stuffed articles. To get a writer that can produce high quality content for search engines (but also be easy to read for your visitors) you should pay around two to three cents per word.

If you ever need content that is primarily for your current visitors to view or you need a sales page, ebook, or press release created you will want to increase your budget. Find a writer that has extensive experience dealing with that specific style of writing and hire that person. You can likely find a reliable candidate for three to five cents per word assuming it's not a ridiculously technical job.

Only pay a cent per word if you're looking for mid-quality rewrites. In some situations this may be desired but that is a rarity as quality is usually of major importance.

In closing, don't be cheap! If you want to see the best results from the content you order you will have to invest in the best writer(s). While it may seem like a lot to spend three cents per word on an article, it's really not. All you will get for being a penny pincher is a bunch of crap that looks like it was translated from a Chinese article to an English article and sent into a spinner. :D

Good luck!

PS. If there was ever a forum post that needed subheadings...it would be this one!

SunHunter, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  5. Dgroce

Dgroce Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay will check it out - thanks a lot - I believe I've heard of it.. Do they let you hire full time?

Dgroce, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  6. qdm

qdm Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience is best to go for slightly more experienced & expensive article writers who get the job done to a good standard rather than ones who just copy & paste abstracts from other websites.

qdm, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  7. nontemplates

nontemplates Peon

Best Answers:
    Well direct fixed price? no but it is fixed by the marketplace. If it takes an english writer 30 minues to do 500 words then thats $4 per hour. Waste of time for US, canadian or british writers. NOw you have to start drifting out to countries where other languages dominate and generally but not always the english writing content is going to go down.

Plus honestly. For any GOOD writer in any country you have to be temporarily desperate or just plain stupid to continue to write for those rates. Content is the key reason people even visit sites and if they are the ones providing great content they can click a few buttons on a cheap or free host to install Wordpress get a domain name and potentially make far more money on their own than helping you build yours.

So you either pay a good rate or hope you can continually find desperate or bone headed writers to continue building content on your site without a glimmer of an IQ that they would be better having their own site. One problem though - Ummm, do stupid people make good writers?

nontemplates, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  8. asharkhan1707

asharkhan1707 Peon

Best Answers:
    i m ready to write articles for you for the specified amount.

asharkhan1707, Jul 25, 2009 IP