1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the most effective way to get my websites first on the Search Engines.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by robin_west, Jul 23, 2009.

Hi there,

Does someone have a great and effective technique to get listed high on the Search Engines.

If you know a good technique please give me a specific description on what to do.

Thanks in advance!

robin_west, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  2. falguni1

falguni1 Peon

Best Answers:
    very good content is the only way.

falguni1, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  3. KathyMillerL222

KathyMillerL222 Peon

Best Answers:
    "Unique content & More backlinks on HIGH PR domains" will take your site to TOP in search engines.

KathyMillerL222, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  4. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Do have quality content and focus on high density keyword related to your site.

joelchrist, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  5. altyfc

altyfc Peon

Best Answers:
    By creating a useful website. People all too often forget that.

altyfc, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  6. mrandrei

mrandrei Peon

Best Answers:
    Having a good ranking in SEs is a combination of onpage and offpage factors. You need to post unique contents in your site that are relevant to your target keywords. Plus, you also need to build quality links for your site.

mrandrei, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  7. kittuk

kittuk Peon

Best Answers:
    good content, meta tags optimization.. decent enuf to get u started,,infact if these two done well u dont need nethng else..

for meta tags optimization..read http://www.kittuk.com/2009/07/meta-tags-title-keywords-description/

kittuk, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  8. robin_west

robin_west Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies people.

The problem with giving good content on my website is that my website is an email opt-in page with very little content on it. The real content is in the guide I send to the people joining my newsletter.

So what should I do when I don't really have space to do much on-site optimization?

Thanks in advance!

robin_west, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  9. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Outstanding content is the best way to the top.

jg123, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  10. arcmdn

arcmdn Member

Best Answers:
    Outstanding content - does it mean that i have to submit my article to article directories or only use it on my website?

arcmdn, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  11. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The way to rank is to get inbound links from relevant sites with your targeted keyword phrase as the link text for those inbound links... period. The content on the page carries little weight in ranking. <title> & <h1> (maybe <h2>s) carry a bit of weight, but not NEARLY as much as inbound links w/ the targeted keyword phrase as the link text. The actual content on the page carries very little weight.

It's not like Google's algorithm can possibly say, "Wow! This guy must be an English major and very knowledgable in Quantum physics. Look at how well he writes and that content shows he REALLY knows the topic." That is total bunk. It's a freakin' program... it doesn't know of the words on the page actually are factual or not, meant to be fiction or non-fiction, etc. It's just looking at stuff like keyword density, which words are emphasized, which words appear in <title>, <h1>, <h2>, etc. I can't tell the difference between good content and crap.

You need links w/ your targeted keywords to rank. period. However I agree that you DO need good content so that when you rank and people click on your URL in the SERPs, they find something interesting to read... something well written... something that they might want to tell their friends about or even link to from their blog. But if you never rank, chances are people will never link to you. Without those links, you'll never rank JUST because Google thinks your content is "good". There algo wouldn't know "good" if it hit them in the face, and their algo is the most sophisticated one out there...

Generally speaking links get you ranked and bring you traffic. Content keeps your users on your site once they find you in the SERPs and HOPEFULLY attracts some natural links in the process.

Canonical, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  12. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not going towards complexities, LINKS and CONTENT are your way on bringing high rankings and traffic.

JessieJames27, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  13. John84

John84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks, backlinks, and more backlinks.

Good content can only help to a certain point. Fresh content is a bigger factor than legible content.

The usefulness of a website, although obviously important for visitor experience, doesn't make a difference in SERP rankings whatsover.

John84, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  14. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    First you have to target the list of keywords and start promoting your site for those keywords.And build more quality backlinks for your site.The backlinks play an important role in ranking the website.If you do all these definitely you site will be listed first in search engines.

rashida, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  15. robin_west

robin_west Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks canonical for the great post. It cleared up to me a lot. Do you know any websites from where I could get good (not necesserly but rather free) inbound links with my keyword as link text?

robin_west, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  16. mrpaisa

mrpaisa Guest

Best Answers:
    1. Focus on Title Tag
    2. Focus on Keywords
    3. Focus on H1 to H6 tags
    4. Phahragraph content
    5. and footer

mrpaisa, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  17. megaresp

megaresp Peon

Best Answers:
    Take some of that content, and put it on the site as a 'wee' taste of all the goodness in your guide. Make sure that content contains suitable keywords. This article covers SEO in detail, and will set you on the right path.

One of the most important components in SEO is link building. This in-depth article explains everything you need to know, and links to 2 very useful online tools that make the process much easier.

megaresp, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  18. qdm

qdm Peon

Best Answers:
    Good content
    High quality, relevant backlinks
    Keyword specific, optimized pages

qdm, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  19. robin_west

robin_west Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks man I will try some of what you suggested.

robin_west, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  20. Frost813

Frost813 Peon

Best Answers:
    There really aren't any secrets to getting to the top of the search engines. The typical methods used have all been posted here, it's simply a matter of repetition, and finding a way to use the methods effectively. Focus on your content, and throw in some link bait for people, and you'll be on your way in no time.

Frost813, Jul 24, 2009 IP