1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stop The SLAVE TRADE threads (Maybe Update the BST StickY?)

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by sundaybrew, Jul 21, 2009.

1. dot biz user

dot biz user Banned

Best Answers:
    Im not sure do you all start IM. But me myself, I got a broken laptop that being abandon away just because it got no keyboard. So i started my IM with it. For internect connection I use free wireless that someone forgot or purposely remain its unprotected. Well, thus days were paid now :D

My point here, you cant imagine how in world people get survive for one day food. We human being is programmed to do anything to make sure ourself survive :)

dot biz user, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  2. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $1.25 per hour means $200 per month , you can buy an old computer (second hand/third hand) with $200 .

it career, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Firstly, how do you know how much they were earning?

Secondly, if all they were doing was start threads with high paying keywords, they would have been deleted promptly for being spam.

Don't believe everything you read buddy. :rolleyes:

dcristo, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, was gonna say that... let's do the math here... conservatively, 300 posts a day would be roughly 2% of all the new posts/day at the forum. $2-4k/month, so we'll just average that to $3k. Since we are taking half of it with revenue sharing, that would mean the value of the posts as far as AdSense is concerned is $6k/month. So... if that's 2% of the new post value for the forum, 100% would be 50x that... which means AdSense ads on the forum would be worth ~$300k/month. Right. lol

digitalpoint, Jul 22, 2009 IP
    STAR Cruiser likes this.
  5. amutha86

amutha86 Peon

Best Answers:

You can't name these type of threads as "SLAVE".

Nobody compul you to work for them.

And Most of the posts in this thread describe $1.25 as Very low and not worth.

If it not worth , Then Why people take these jobs! Surely they are worth for some one. Those who don't have permanent or regular jobs take lot of such type of thread jobs and earn atleast some bucks per day.

amutha86, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  6. Storm-Crow

Storm-Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Ironically people are willing to work at those rates!

Storm-Crow, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  7. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it is slave labour tho... hell i call my job slave labour and im on 30$ a hour :p i even fill my flask up with coffee at work so i dont need to buy it on the way home :p wouldnt it be more easy to have a hire section that would get rid of the posts into one section and keep every one happy :)

personally i think people hire members at $1.25 so they can change "I" to "we" when they talk about there websites "WE made this website" "WE do this". The $1.25 prices dont get to me its the whole WE thing and the make up my own company illusion.

ЄxDeus™, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  8. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Yes, That's true

"We" have a "whole team" standing by is what is usually said .....

sundaybrew, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  9. Idler

Idler Peon

Best Answers:
    People who spend their time trying to find jobs on DP will probably never get a steady work flow. People get paid $20 here to do a WordPress theme, I get $500. People get paid $5 to write a 500 word essay, I get $150. 100 or less words? I get $0.50. If you don't like the pay here, look elsewhere. It's out there, and it's waiting, but don't think by just staying at DP can get you anywhere.

Idler, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  10. STAR Cruiser

STAR Cruiser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1.25$/hr is not a small amount. If people are working for 8hours a day then they can make almost 10$.
    I.e nothing but 300$ per month.
    Do you know 300$ is the basic salary in INDIA for a software employee.

Even i started working from 7$/day.

STAR Cruiser, Jul 22, 2009 IP
    nihangshah and Radz like this.
  11. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When the minimum wage here is $6 an hour, I now realise why outsourcing to India is so popular.

terminator69, Jul 22, 2009 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  12. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I give the comment in the Reputation.
    It helps!

mdvasanth86, Jul 23, 2009 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  13. akira123454

akira123454 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its called a library

akira123454, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  14. SunHunter

SunHunter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't mean to dig up a dying thread but I found something rather interesting that I'd like to throw in the discussion. While looking at various freelance sites I stumbled upon sulit.com.ph, which I assume is based in The Philippines. Instead of turning away, I decided to look at the job offers!

One post offered about $1.5/500 words for highly technical articles and research papers. However, there was another post that caught my eye because $1.5/500 words seems to be normal now...at least at DP.

First off, here is the post.

I feel like the payment information, or at least the pay rate, should be quoted here:

So you can make P45 per article which translates to $.93/500+ words when exchanged to USD. However, there is a bonus! For every ten articles approved you will receive a bonus of P100 which translates to $2.08 when exchanged to USD - brilliant!

Now, the person that posted the ad also threw in a very interesting example of what you can make if you stuck with this work full time. At ten articles per day (minimum you can write), you will make P550 every single day! Now, you are therefore making $11.42/day (bonus included) in USD funds.

Guys, this is a GREAT opportunity! Work 365 days a year and make $4, 168.30 per year! Amazing!

Anyways, these hideous rates seem to be a normal occurence on the website I was looking at. I have started to ignore the Content Creation section here as much as possible recently though because it has become a joke. The last enquiry I made about a project posted here received a reply stating that they pay 25 cents for every 250 word article handed in...wonderful!

I just wish these inconsiderate and greedy savages would leave us alone and go camp in the Freebies section where their tenth of a penny per word jobs belong!

I'M GOING ON STRIKE, WHO'S WITH ME!? (someone...start a DP Writers' Strike Group!)

SunHunter, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  15. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Sun - don't go on strike. You'll hurt no one but yourself. Bigger groups of pro writers have tried it before, and it does little to nothing. Instead, focus on how you're marketing yourself. If people are paying crap rates, and you know you're above that, then they're simply not in your market. Don't give them any of your time or energy. They're not worth getting upset over. What you'll find advertised through most of DP may not be your cup of tea. But there are plenty of high paying gigs that are done underground here. Whether the others follow the freebies section rules or not, most of those higher paying gigs still won't ever be advertised here (b/c the unqualified writers leech on the moment they see one, hoping for a big pay day when they know they can't do the work - clients don't want to be bombarded with those replies and PMs so they seek out writers instead). My suggestions would be to get a professional site setup and link to it in your sig. At a bare minimum start a sales thread here and link to that in your sig instead. People really do click to see what you're offering, and when they want to hire you, they'll find a way to get in touch. :)

jhmattern, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  16. calum

calum Peon

Best Answers:
    It's supply and demand - if people will work for that then people are gonna keep paying low.

I stopped doing all that data entry, directory submissions etc. since it's so low paid. If people will work for it, then people will pay it.

The low prices show people are working for it - if they thought it was too low they wouldn't work for it and prices would go up.

calum, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  17. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    exactly.

there always will be an over-supply in "labor" type of jobs.

there are millions of persons who may want to make some extra money doing simple tasks from home.

this includes students, housewives, retirees, the disabled, unemployed, under-employed etc etc.

and of course there are people from places like India and Philippines where $10 a day is not so bad.

sachin410, Jul 28, 2009 IP