1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to Use Squidoo to boost the article rankings on my home site, should i...?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by rbf738, Jul 20, 2009.

I'm a bit new to Squidoo and all I want to use it for is to send some traffic back to my site and especially boost the rankings of the articles posted on my site which I am sending them to. So I'm planning on linking from the Squidoo back to articles placed on my site, maybe in a chain with other promotional avenues, as well.

I'm unsure as to how to use Squidoo this way, do I put a sample of my article on the squidoo site, then link back to my place? That sounds like just any social bookmarking site like Digg if that's what I end up doing. Can anyone shine a light on this for me and give me a better idea of what I should do for what I want to do? Thanks.

rbf738, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  2. My220x

My220x Member

Best Answers:
    What you should do is create a Squidoo lens on your niche with unique content and have a links section at the bottom linking to further articles.

My220x, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  3. webdude2000

webdude2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Create a few Suidoo lenses with unique content and a few blocks in each, link them together using a 3-way link style and also have no more than 2 links on each to your articles, one link being in the links module, what you could do for the 2nd link is place a teaser of your article on the squidoo lens with a click here for more info and link that to your full article.

webdude2000, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  4. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe there is a limit as to how many links you can have pointing from Squidoo to one domain - I think the limit is 9 outgoing links to one domain, check their new TOS for details.

longroad, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  5. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:

So I'll put one link in the text module, then one in the link module, both going to my article on my site, sounds good. Question though, should I also link to like other places like a hubpages and social bookmarks?

rbf738, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  6. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can put several links on a lens. Just dont spamm :). You can link them to hubpages,ezine and also your site/product. Its a good backlink

elitesystem, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  7. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes link to as many places as you want - just no more than 9 outgoing links to the same domain.

longroad, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  8. nandyalas

nandyalas Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried this for my site, but it is yet to show any results.

Ask Medical Doctor

nandyalas, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  9. stephen082

stephen082 Active Member

Best Answers:
    After Squidoo has change their policies regarding spam, they have become more strict any type of over promotion. Also there are some niche on which they don't allow lens anymore. So be careful and read their policies first.

stephen082, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  10. chris busa

chris busa Guest

Best Answers:
    To make this as effective as possible you want to have multiple web 2.0 sites made with all relevant content. SO when you make your lens make it and use the same keywords or relevant ones that you used in your article on your site and link to it. Then you want to build a hub page and have one link to your site and one to your lens, then do the same with a blogger page and link that to your hubpage and one to your site. then build a wordpress.com blog and do the same have link to your site and to your blogger page. You want to do this with as many web 2.0 sites as you can this will make your rankings soar and it creates what is called a link wheel. If you want an free ebook on exactly how this works PM me and I will send you hope this helps

chris busa, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  11. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That does work well. I provide that service, you can check out my threads on my SIG for details. It will atleast give you an idea of how web2 chaining works. Just a tip, put 2 links in each web2. 1 pointing to your site and the other one to one of the other web2. This chaining works very good and can increase your serps. If anyone is interested in web2 package then hit me up :)

elitesystem, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  12. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:
    I checked back today on my lens and saw no one has visited it yet. How can I get people to visit it? Squidoo mentioned right before I published the lens that I only had a couple of modules on my lens and that meant that I wouldn't be in their search engine and made it seem like it was the worst thing ever. Will I really do that much better by adding just one more module?

If no one is visiting my lens (why is no one visiting my lens btw?), then will that affect its power in the serps?

Also in hub pages, should I list my thing as commercial? I only had one link in the link section back to my article on my site and that appeared to be fine, then just now i added a second link in the link section (since I can't put them in the text part) to point towards my squidoo to help the chain but then it told me it appears to be commercials, so I don't know what to do.

rbf738, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  13. misterdonman

misterdonman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys I recently came across with an article telling that Squidoo will lock overly promotional lenses, read it http://www.netprofitstoday.com/blog/squidoo-crackdown-on-spam-and-junk-lenses/ it is going to change how Squido and affiliate marketing were related so far.
    GooD Day :):):)

misterdonman, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  14. jhoward98

jhoward98 Guest

Best Answers:
    Squidoo is a good way to help boost your website ranking and give some traffic to it. Just make sure that every lens that you make is unique and follow what has already been said about outgoing links. People are first looking for content about a subject before buying something. Write a great article about a subject. Don't overdue it by promoting your website. If the person reading your article likes what they read, they will try and find a way to find out more about you or your website. That is why you have a profile page.

jhoward98, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  15. jhoward98

jhoward98 Guest

Best Answers:
    Forgot to mention that I agree with chris busa.:p

jhoward98, Jul 22, 2009 IP