1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chargeback in paypal

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by vijdankawoosa, Jul 20, 2009.

I had a purchase through paypal.

The company claims the 30 day no-question asked money back guarantee.

I asked for the money back about 2 weeks ago but the company dont seem to be interested in giving the refund and is not replying my phone call.

How can I go for the chargeback through paypal and is this gonna help me?

vijdankawoosa, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  2. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, Paypal is always known to take the side of a buyer in case of disputes and so you stand a very good chance to get back your money if your complaint is genuine.

Just log in into your paypal account and go to the resolution centre and open a dispute for the given transaction through 'Report a problem' Link! :)

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jul 21, 2009 IP
    getjimmy likes this.
  3. Prince The IIIrd

Prince The IIIrd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do as rightman said or make a call to paypal via skype.

Prince The IIIrd, Jul 21, 2009 IP
    getjimmy likes this.
  4. DnaJinx

DnaJinx Peon

Best Answers:
    Open A dispute on paypal if still buyers do not show any response then escalate

DnaJinx, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  5. krist11

krist11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go in dispute and open a dispute for buyer give all reason it will take time but sure your get your money...

krist11, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  6. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If u paid from credit card (via paypal) ,then call your bank and open a dispute.

getjimmy, Jul 21, 2009 IP
    RightMan likes this.
  7. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    what u purchased ? some item may not come under paypal protection

chandan123, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  8. Moses8595

Moses8595 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry.I think you can get the money back for sure..But you have to open a dispute in 45 days
    GOOD LUCK

Moses8595, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  9. diet-coke

diet-coke Banned

Best Answers:
    it will depend on what you purchased through paypal as they do not offer buyer protection for intangible products which is pretty much anything that is not possible to be shipped as an item to an address. if you have your paypal account connected to your bank account then you can more than likely do a charge back using your bank

diet-coke, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  10. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you made the payment through credit card then call the credit card company to make a chargeback. Else, raise a PayPal dispute from your account.

mixke, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  11. Rajinder2009

Rajinder2009 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you funded the Paypal purchase through your credit card or bank --> call them and have them reverse it for you. They usually do it with no questions asked. This is the only way you can be 100% sure to get your money back.

If you open a dispute etc. through Paypal itself, the process could literally span several months of back and forth bickering between you and the seller and Paypal itself. Right now I still have one dispute in my Paypal account from 6 June...

Also, if you purchased something which was not shipped to your house with a physical tracking number (USPS etc.), then Paypal will consider it a "intangible/virtual" item and as soon as the seller mentions that word "virtual item/service/intangible" during any point of the dispute process --> Paypal ends the dispute in the seller's favor because they will say they have no way to verify your purchase because it has no physical tracking number. Gone is your money.

This is why you should always try to fund Paypal payments with your CC or bank account, and NOT your Paypal balance directly. If something goes wrong your bank or CC company will give you your money back if Paypal wants to listen or not.

Rajinder2009, Jul 22, 2009 IP