1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Off-page optimization in SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mahendras, Jul 21, 2009.

hi friends
    let’s discuss on off-page optimization importance in SEO World.

For getting your site on top ten results, You need to study the off-page optimization techniques. because it is the most effective technique for improving your search engine results. Identify top ten ranked competitor's sites for your keyword. And study the off-page mode. And start your off-page, this is the most valuable service for SEO, The most significant off-page basics are back links and Link Exchange which are the links to your site that need to be related for get the best traffic and site PR.....
    what you think? Give your idea. And share knowledge…..

mahendras, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  2. 1SEONewby

1SEONewby Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the post- such an important topic! Could you elaborate more on studying the off-page mode. I'm just starting out and do not know how to do this...

1SEONewby, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  3. teamnirvana

teamnirvana Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe Writing Articles and Submitting them to Article Directories would provide much benefit in the long run. Similarly creating Squidoo lenses and Hub pages in order to boost the credibility of the posts would be godd.

Just my 2 cents. Correct me if I am wrong.

teamnirvana, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  4. krist11

krist11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello mahendras,

Yes, Off page optimization is play a crucial role to come a website on top ranking but we never ignore on page optimization......

krist11, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  5. sripat

sripat Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

For link building SEO services are the most efficacious tools out there.
    There are some of them like :

*Press release submissions.
    *Manual social bookmarking.
    *Article writing + submissions.
    *Blog comments.
    *Deep Link Submissions.
    *Manual Directory Submissions.

and many more...

These services will help in developing juicy back links for your site which will improve its ranking in search engines. They are very efficacious in promoting a site and there by giving it a boost.

As a result of which page rank improvises and hence number of visitors also increases.

Hope this helps you.

regards
    Sripat

sripat, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  6. willybfriendly

willybfriendly Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest that there is no such thing as "off site" sear engine optimization. Search engine optimization is all about "optimizing" the on page factors that assist the search engines in determining what the page is about. Besides the normal title <hx> tags and such, it extends to include the flow of markup, the navigational structure and more.

Off site factors are more about, for lack of a better term, "ranking optimization". They are, by and large, outside of the direct control of the webmaster. Off site factors revolve almost entirely around inbound links and anchor text (although placement of the link on the page, and surrounding text probably have a role as well).

There is a whole industry that has arisen around off site factors, and the SE's spend a great deal of resources combating what they see as attempts to game the system.

The thing to keep in mind in any SEO related work is that the SE's want to rank the best site(s) for any search. Thus, the best way to achieve top rankings is to build a site that is "best in class". Such a site will sustain itself, and will draw its own inbound links without undue work by the webmaster.

Understanding this, why would I want to write an article to be submitted somewhere else when it could be used on my own site to improve its quality and breadth of information? Why would I want to make a bunch of blog comments when I could probably contact the blogger and get an entire blog post about the site? Why would I want to make a bunch of social bookmarks when I can leave it for others to do so?

Invest your time and resources into creating a best of class site. Do a smidgen of marketing to get word about the site out there to the right demographic. Let the web do what it does best, which is communicaiton. Be patient and you will enjoy the fruits of your labors...

willybfriendly, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  7. copybiz

copybiz Peon

Best Answers:
    willybfriendly is correct of course, but it is still possible to help in the process. By using tools like unique article wizard you can publish articles and put them on your site for original content as well.

copybiz, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  8. mrandrei

mrandrei Peon

Best Answers:
    Link exchange is a good offpage optimization (linkbuilding) technique if only you exchange links with sites that are relevant and have good PR and reputation. Building links should be about quality instead of quantity.

mrandrei, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  9. jingwen

jingwen Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion,on-page optimization and off-page optimization are very important,you know if people can see your site at the top of google,but when they click in your site,and found your site is not well,what should they do?And on-page optimization could helpful for the whole optimization of your site.

jingwen, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  10. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    mahendra, i dont know u have experience in seo or not but let me remind u without proper onpage, your offpage effort is not important. hope it help.

lindamood1, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  11. seo4rank

seo4rank Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't believe in link exchange, it's an old method which is not important as it used to be

seo4rank, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  12. atniz

atniz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    backlinks - backlinks - backlinks

When it comes to on-site SEO, you can talk a lot things, but off-page SEO can only linked to backlinks.

Just get healthy backlinks.

Healthy means:
    - anchored with keywords
    - from pages with min outbound and low size (max of 100 outbound links and page size of 101Kb max)
    - dofollow link
    - from related website/blog
    - high pr pages
    - no spammy links like what you can find on some .edu blogs

atniz, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  13. Frost813

Frost813 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very well stated. I am from the same school of thought. Any work that is done off site, can not be optimizing your site. You can only optimize what you can control. For example, if I write an article to submit somewhere, I can optimize it for a specific key term. This doesn't help my site directly, it doesn't change the text on my site, but it does show as a relevant link to my site, so my site gets the benefit of having a link from a relevant source.

I look at it this way, anything you do on site is optimizing, anything you do off site is advertising. Backlinks are like billboards for spiders as they travel along the information super highway. (ok, that was cheesy, but it gets the point across.) Going along with this train of thought, the more you advertise, the more traffic you get. If you advertise everywhere you can, and saturate the market with your advertising, then eventually people will come to the site, you are seen more frequently, and you can make more money....potentially.

Frost813, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  14. elenabush

elenabush Peon

Best Answers:
    directory submission is the most one way for off page optimization.

elenabush, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  15. adhyatma3010

adhyatma3010 Member

Best Answers:
    yes agree,..

backlink backlink backlink

more backlink

adhyatma3010, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  16. NeighborNicks

NeighborNicks Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Everyone,

I have found this tool that helps build massive amounts of backlinks for each article. It is really simply to use and it did wonders for me and my site.

So check it out and tell me what you think about it!

If you sign up please sign up under me as i am the one that showed it to you, I think it is only fair.

Here is my sign up link:

http://www.freetrafficsystem.com/a.php?p=15905

You can still sign up for free though!

Thanks,
    Nick

NeighborNicks, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  17. mahendras

mahendras Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your suggestions.

mahendras, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  18. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    Darn good post willbfriendly!! I agree with everything except the article thing. There is no reason why you can't submit articles and also post them on your site. If you really want unique content, you can change the title and first paragraph a little for the version on your site, but you really don't have to.

Also, you can have the best optimized site, best content, and never be found in Google unless you have the backlinks. I see this many times a day where I will search for something, go to the first result and the content/site stinks, but they have tons of backlinks.

Although I can't say for sure, I have to suspect that is the reason why they showed up in the position they did. I've also seen where there weren't tons of back links, but several from high PR sites, and those sites also were on the first page of Google.

zeekstern, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  19. DiGreyer

DiGreyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Posting the same article on a article distribution site and your own isn't a great idea - you do either one or the other. I agree with willybfriendly to a point - if you a blog or website which has enough exposure it is best to leave your articles there. But if you are new and need the links article submissions works fine. The strategy I use - I create an article which gives just enough (usually basic) information which I would use in article submission/distributions sites. In that article I would include a link (or more if possible) to my own/ or clients websites which has additional and more valuable information on the topic. I compare this tactic with the movie trailers - give viewers just enough to want to go and see the whole movie (in this case read the other articles)

DiGreyer, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  20. SEOSanDiegoCA

SEOSanDiegoCA Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you think articles are still powerful? I don't get the same rankings boost I used to get.

SEOSanDiegoCA, Jul 27, 2009 IP