1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Legal Problems?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Joehema, Jul 20, 2009.

Im going to start up a website for a show called "Kenny vs Spenny". It will allow you to watch every season. I will not be uploading anything to my severs, all the shows are already on youtube. The will video will open in a pop-up.

Will I face any legal problems with this website.

Second Question..

My domain name is "WatchKennySpenny", The show is called "Kenny vs Spenny". Is my domain safe without having the "vs" in it?

Last Question..
    Will I need off shore hosting for this project?

Thanks.

website: http://watchkennyspenny.com - Don't have the videos up, going to wait for a clear answer.

Joehema, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  2. alphaneterik

alphaneterik Banned

Best Answers:
    you shouldnt have an issue showcasing youtube videos.. any copyright problems and they will go after the videos themselves... but im pretty sure you will have adsense problems if you try advertising on there.. maybe..

the "vs" might only be an issue if someone else has the domain with the vs in it... they might show up above you if searching those keywords... but increasing your pagerank will fix that

alphaneterik, Jul 20, 2009 IP
    Joehema likes this.
  3. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You would certainly have potential trademark issues with the domain name - i.e. they could sue you or take the domain.

In the US, linking to copyrighted material without permission from the owner is contributory infringement. If the youtube videos were uploaded by the copyright owner, and they allow linking, then displaying them shouldn't be a problem. If someone is uploading the videos without their permission, then that is a different story. Just because something is on youtube, it doesn't mean it is a legal upload. A website owner is responsible for all content they display or link to on their site so technically speaking, they could go after any site that was linking to unauthorized uploads - practically speaking, they would likely just have youtube take down the video (assuming it isn't someone you know who is uploading the videos to youtube for you).

mjewel, Jul 20, 2009 IP
    Joehema likes this.
  4. Joehema

Joehema Guest

Best Answers:
    I just got in contact with the creator of the show, gave me a ok to make the website.

Thanks for the help guys.

Joehema, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  5. Kat

Kat Member

Best Answers:
    That was the smartest thing to do! Good luck with your site.:D

Kat, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  6. SuperPower

SuperPower Guest

Best Answers:
    Frame that reply never know when you will need it.

Let us know how you get on with your site

SuperPower, Jul 22, 2009 IP