1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Movie Content Management System

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by fatfrog, Jul 20, 2009.

Hi all,

Im looking for a movie Content Management System

Note: not joomla or mamboserver.

it should have:

News section
    Reviews
    Movie infomation
    Movie trailer
    Movie gallery
    Actors

aso.

anyone know where i can find/buy that!

fatfrog, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  2. Santa Monica Web

Santa Monica Web Guest

Best Answers:
    I would use WordPress. Look through various themes to find one that matches your concept and navigation.

Santa Monica Web, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  3. fatfrog

fatfrog Peon

Best Answers:
    well point me to the plugins for the wordpress,, for movie info and actors and trailers, and so on.

fatfrog, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  4. webdude2000

webdude2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    WP has a wicked Video Server addon but it is very complicated to install.

Try looking at phpmotion.com however then you will need a phpmotion.com ready web host which rules out almost all shared hosting and even dedicated hosting unless you have the dependancies installed which I did on my dedicated server.

If you go the WP route then install All-In-One-Video which uses Kaltura embedded but with remote free hosting to 10GB I think as well as providing the streaming.

Regards
    Mark

webdude2000, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  5. fatfrog

fatfrog Peon

Best Answers:
    phpmotion.com is a youtube clone, and not a review/movie information site.

what i need is a script like http://movies.yahoo.com ! :)

fatfrog, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  6. bnandika

bnandika Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can make it with Drupal with modules, but first you should understand how to use Drupal and the modules

bnandika, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  7. Hakkairu

Hakkairu Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    get a customized wordpress. That would be good. I know theres some wordpress themes that are good like wordpress video, Revolution TV etc.

Hakkairu, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  8. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, I don't know of any script, CMS, etc., that out-of-the-box does everything you've listed. If you want to do this project to your specifications (and affordably), you will have to roll up your sleeves and get ready to put in some sweat equity. You will need to take a CMS and customize it. By doing this, you will be able to expand your site and add new features fairly quickly. For example, will you ever want a forum? Profiling? Chat capabilities? A good CMS will give you "wiggle room" for those things you haven't thought of because of its plugin architecture (aka API). For example, for trailers, movie news, etc., if you cannot find pre-made plugins, you could program your own that can pull all of this data from external sources to view in your site.

Not knowing your technical skill level, it sounds like WordPress is probably your best bet for the functionality and relative ease of customization. You could really use Drupal and Joomla to do what you want, but you sound like you don't really want anything very "heavy". WordPress has over 5,900 plugins as listed at the official repository, and not to mention themes that would go VERY well with your concept.

Bottom line - the more specific your site needs, the less likely you are to find a canned product that meets all your requirements, and therefore you must be prepared for customizations.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
    Bratzilla, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  9. locoyspider

locoyspider Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this one ,that is right.you need to customize a program .

locoyspider, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  10. Cookie Creative

Cookie Creative Peon

Best Answers:
    As with any script in a box, it'll need modifying to fit your requirements.

Cookie Creative, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  11. Rodder7

Rodder7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    joomla is my pic. it's not a free solution, but one template club that has a lot of movie stuff is youjoomla.com.

Rodder7, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  12. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with Rodder7. For this particular project, given the OP's specifications, Joomla would be the best off-the-shelf option. WordPress is easier overall, but Joomla's core is really built for this kind of site, especially since Joomla has the second largest repository of extensions (WordPress is first with over 5,900 plugins). I've had my issues with J!1.5 (as you can see from my posts here), but now that I'm getting into the new API, I have to admit it is far easier to write extensions than for the prior version. :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    Bratzilla, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  13. amedia

amedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you look into a free option which is Kaltura integrated with Drupal. Its a high learning curve and will take a lot of work to get everything where you want it though. You can read more about Kaltura here:

http://corp.kaltura.com/download

If you want to spend some money, you could consider paying someone off of a site like ScriptLance to work on your project.

amedia, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  14. VidiThemes

VidiThemes Peon

Best Answers:
    I know you said no Joomla but I think it would be the easiest and most cost effective way to get started. If you took a little time you could build most of it yourself then pay a developer to finish the rest for you.

VidiThemes, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  15. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    I do believe VidiThemes is correct here. If you don't want to use Joomla, again WordPress is an option. Both platforms have several thousand extensions. It is also far less expensive (and more realistic for most budgets and time frames) to take a pre-made product and then have it customized than to build a solution from the ground up.

Bratzilla, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  16. amyo11

amyo11 Peon

Best Answers:
    i guess u could just get a wordpress and make it customized accoridng to your requirements.:)

amyo11, Aug 5, 2009 IP