1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dot follow or no follow

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by allwayslearning, Jul 19, 2009.

s it better to post comments on dot follow blogs only or is there some value to posting on dot follow and no follow blogs? I am trying to mange my time better. If commenting on both kinds of blogs is of some value then I will do it but if not there are a lot of other things I can work on to build traffic like writing articles for my site as well as submitting th

allwayslearning, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  2. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If the blog has the potential to give you good traffic / guest post opportunity, you should also comment on nofollow blogs. Most blogs in my RSS reader are nofollow :D

jitendraag, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  3. mrandrei

mrandrei Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're after building backlinks, posting in nofollow blogs isn't a very good idea. However, it can still generate traffic to your site.

mrandrei, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  4. seogp

seogp Member

Best Answers:
    Do for Both.

Do Follow Blog Commenting for Back links and Traffic

No Follow Blog Commenting for Traffic and to improve link popularity in Yahoo and Bing

Enjoy your Back Links and Traffic from Blog Commenting:)

seogp, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  5. chronocommando

chronocommando Peon

Best Answers:
    hello,
    you should focus on more to Do follow blogs posting rather then no follow! No follow just gives you few traffic!

chronocommando, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  6. nikomaster

nikomaster Member

Best Answers:
    Do it naturally! Follow, noFollow but related to the post topic. If you got a site related to the blog where are you going to comment then put the link, better if your site has related post then put the link of the post. You will get traffic otherwise you will be spamming.

nikomaster, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  7. rennee

rennee Guest

Best Answers:
    Posting on both will avoid spamming, but we should think which is best suitable blog for your niche. If you focus is generate traffic then concentrate on no follow and if its on backlinks then better concentrate on dofoolow. But try to do it naturally and avoid spamming.

rennee, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  8. Frost813

Frost813 Peon

Best Answers:
    It makes no difference where you post a link. Google is the only Engine that fully supports the No Follow attribute, after all, they created it. All other search engines could care less about that command, and will continue to follow, and index the link.

If all you care about is PR, then a no follow link will be something that you'll want to stay well away from. However, if you're only concerning yourself with PR, then you aren't really doing yourself any good anyway, since PR is really just one step above worthless.

Frost813, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  9. holymaru

holymaru Banned

Best Answers:
    no follow links only help you for getting traffic

holymaru, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  10. jucktion

jucktion Peon

Best Answers:
    Dofollow and nofollow are both needed for your sites. or google will be thinking you are only having links for Serps.

jucktion, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  11. Frost813

Frost813 Peon

Best Answers:
    No Follow links only count in Google. There are other search engines, and believe it or not, there are other people that use these search engines.

All links are important.

12. ergtron

ergtron Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you guys think bing and yahoo count nofollow links?
    I thought only ask don't care about it.

ergtron, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  13. Frost813

Frost813 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo follows and indexes all links, they just don't give any authority to the target page. I can't say for Bing, but they have an entirely different algorithm all together, and they're still being really good at keeping it to themselves.

I found this article regarding no follow links, it should shed some light on this subject.
    http://www.searchenginejournal.com/how-google-yahoo-askcom-treat-the-no-follow-link-attribute/4801/

14. printmatt

printmatt Guest

Best Answers:
    If it is a high trafficked blog and you are sure that you are getting traffic from it even though it is no follow, they go ahead and post a blog comment with your link. The only usefulness of a nofollow link is traffic

printmatt, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  15. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The one thing I've noticed, and there are rare exceptions, is that all the do follow blogs these days are a load of crap, so they won't do much for your serps anyway.

All the quality blogs that are niche specific seem to be no follow at the moment, but I'm sure it must do more good for your website to be mentioned on them nevertheless.

No one really knows for sure how search engines treat no follow anyway, and the way they behave and react to market trends they may just decide to ignore the no follow tag at some point in the future... or some other web technology will take over that makes it irrelevant if the tags are used or not.

Also you have to look at the bigger picture. For instance, if you have a website about renewable energy and only post comments in renewable energy and green issue related blogs you're more likely to get spotted by people who are interested in the subject who will look at your site and tell other people about it via links in other related websites etc.

On the other hand, if you spend all your time seeking out do follow blogs that are an utter load of crap because they're filled with comments by other people like you searching fo do follow blogs, i.e. a random mix of nothing in particular, no one cares about your comments or your website because they're all a bunch of webmasters with no interest beyond spamming their link the same as you - the site users won't care about your link and pass it on, and Google et al will see your link posted alongside hoodia, dried frog pills, hovercraft wankel engines and particle accelarator stream injectors, i.e SPAM!

P.S. Of course if your website IS a load of spammy crap with no real content your only option may be the do follow cesspools of the web. :)

Astroman, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  16. EatTheCookie

EatTheCookie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Although DoFollow forums provide the best type of "linkjuice", it is okay to post links on NoFollow code as it still brings in linkjuice but at a depreciated amount.

EatTheCookie, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  17. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What information do you have to make you think this is true?

Astroman, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  18. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    of course dofollow is better.
    both of them can bring you traffic but only dofollow will give you PR juice

lifeplayer, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  19. digiblogger17

digiblogger17 Peon

Best Answers:
    nofollow doesn't count but you can use it for traffic

digiblogger17, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  20. Rituja

Rituja Peon

Best Answers:
    you have to given first priority to Dofollow blogs & Sites comments only, because it's considering in good & Quality back links.
    And........
    Nofollow back links are considering in back links only for getting more Traffics

Rituja, Jul 21, 2009 IP