1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drop-Shipping

Discussion in 'General Business' started by spacebass5000, Aug 1, 2006.

Anyone know of any reliable drop-shippers they've personally done business with?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on all things drop-shipping if you're willing to share them. Any resources you know I would be more than happy to peruse.

Thanks!

spacebass5000, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Would you like some shoesize and DNA string or Credit Card details to go with that, sir?

Do you think people will want to give themseves more competition?

And your second question is too vague. Ask specifics and you'll get answers.

T0PS3O, Aug 1, 2006 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.
  3. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's kind of sad but all the best dropshippers are kept secret to avoid competition.

It makes sense but sucks at the same time :)

GeorgeB., Aug 1, 2006 IP
  4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I only give out that information when asked with my customer base; and my marketing strategies. I do not feel as though simply giving out a complete list of vendors to a potential competitor is crazy enough. Please ask again with the addition of the above items; and we'll talk :p

lorien1973, Aug 1, 2006 IP
    T0PS3O likes this.
  5. spacebass5000

spacebass5000 Peon

Best Answers:
    postcount++ huh?

Resources as in anything I can get my hands on to gain more insight into drop-shopping.

and wow, look at all the helpful ppl here. i'll definitely end up hanging around and contributing. you guys rock!

6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    We're trying to bring the point across with the help of a bit of fun.

If you ask "Tell me about dropshipping" what do you expect? That someone will sit down and write you an essay? Or goes Googling for links?

If you're thinking of entering the business, you'll probably have some more confined questions than that. Like:

'Where do you find new dropshippers?'
    'Do you have any based outside [your country]'?
    'Do you fax or email them orders?'
    'Do you pay per order or have a 30 day account?'
    'What sort of margins can I expect?'
    'What about returned goods, who deals with that?'

Try them and we can actually help without giving away our trade secrets.

T0PS3O, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  7. jellyfish

jellyfish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A way you can get into contact with drop shippers is by contacting a manufacture of a product you want to sell and ask them for info on their wholesale distributers. Then contact the distributers to see if any of them do drop shipping.

BTW, there is a lot more profit opportunity if you buy a wholesale lot and sell it directly typically.

jellyfish, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  8. spacebass5000

spacebass5000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome, now that's what I'm talking about. And I'm not even remotely offended or pissed. I understand you're having fun (i am too). :D

9. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It may seem as though you ask an innocuous question. But imagine those of us who get calls like this (everyday) from people wondering, "where do you buy this? We want to open a store and need help finding vendors."

First off, asking for help without looking first on your own is not a recipe for success and you will not get very far with any new ventur you start out on.

Secondly, in the business world, everyone is a potential competitor, so you can imagine someone walking in (or calling) and saying, "where do you buy from? What resources can help me out?" isn't going to looked at very kindly.

In other forums (more business related), I've answered such requests a lot with more abruptness (as have others I know). I thought both TOPS and my replies were rather comedic, but making the same point.

lorien1973, Aug 1, 2006 IP